Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 405
Candi Gordon Posted: Sun, Aug 1 2010 11:41 PM

I am new on this site and am in need of some information that one of you may know about.  OK...here goes...I am looking for something I saw online.  I am not sure where I saw it but I think in was something new.  It was a pair of needle-nose rubber tipped pliers used to pull needles through when they are stuck.  I have looked on several sites looking for this item.  I may have just dreamed about those handy dandy pliers because my thumb was so sore.  If such a thing does not exist, can somebody invent them for me, please? 

I do only hand quilting so far and I am in a hurry to finish a quilt for my grandbaby girl before the end of September. If my thumb had eyes it would be crying.  I will be ever grateful for anybody's help on this one.

Thanks bunches,

Candi 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,547
Points 417,049
gini replied on Sun, Aug 1 2010 11:55 PM

hi candi, welcome.   i haven't seen the pliers.  they make  small round pieces of rubber they come several to a package,   you can get a good grip on the needle with them,  and they work good.      gini

http://www.quiltersreview.com/article.asp?article=/tip/quilting/010312_a.asp

http://www.brewersewing.com/bqss_consumer/productmain.asp?brand=Fons%20%26%20Porter&STRING= and wouldn't you know it.  fons and porter makes a pair, i think we get a discount from them 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Candi Gordon:
It was a pair of needle-nose rubber tipped pliers used to pull needles through when they are stuck

Carol click on the site below. I think this is what you saw

Pliers

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Mon, Aug 2 2010 10:56 AM

Well, until you find the pliers, here's something that helps me. After you get a set of  stitches on your needle, push with your thimble finger on the eye end of the needle to get it into the stitches as far as you can.  Try to get it into the fabric in the 1st stitch.  This takes the strain off of the needle trying to make the first up/down.  Then the needle is more on an even plain and is easier to pull.  When I do this, I almost never need a helper for pulling the needle through.

linny t

Linny T

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 405

Judy,

That is exactly what I saw.  I am going to purchase a pair immediately.  I am also going to take so of the other advice here.  Everyone is so nice for jumping right on my problem.

Happy stitchin'!!! Candi

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use