Tape(?) to connect batting pieces

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 70
vthetford@verizon.net Posted: Sun, Jul 18 2010 5:44 PM

I subscribe to numerous (all) quilt magazine, plus get email newsletters from dozens of shops.  Somewhere in all of that information, I recently read about a new(er) product that is used to connect two or more pieces of leftover batting.  This tape was used instead of basting the pieces together and supposedly had good reviews.  Does anyone know what this tape (or other name/material) is called?  And more importantly, where we can order it?  Thanks.   Violet

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,782

Violet--

I don't know about the tape, but I've sometimes used narrow strips of fusible interfacing to piece batting and it works pretty well.  I use Quilter's Dream cotton or bamboo batting both of which are pretty thin, so I don't know how it would work with a higher loft batting.  Welcome to QCA.

Kissimmee, FL

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 75

Hi Violet,

The fusible batting tape is called: " Heat Press Batting Together". The website w/ video is www.heatpressbattingtogether.com. I found it in my local quilt shop or I think you can purchase it on line? It is a new product that has fantastic reviews on google. I have been using it with my charity group for batting peicing and was also able to fuse when I got into trouble on my long arm machine! It works great on all batting content!

DM

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,768
Points 420,339
gini replied on Mon, Jan 17 2011 5:51 PM

welcome violet and DM. i just loosely baste with thread, huge stitches.  it doesn't take much time, you just need enough to hold while you baste     gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 17 2011 8:19 PM

Keepsake Quilting now stocks the Heat and Press Batting tape.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.