Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 225
Jo-Ann Minvielle Posted: Thu, Jun 17 2010 11:25 AM

Is there a specific pattern for the Window pane or Attic Window quilt?  I'm making a new Harry Potter

quilt and thought I would surround each block with a window pane, but have no idea how to go

about it.  Thanks

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 448
Points 5,660
CJ Hines replied on Thu, Jun 17 2010 1:29 PM

I did a Google search and found tons of sites that show how to do an attic window. Here's a site where you can download the pattern

http://www.quiltmag.com/resources/quilt104-attic-window/

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Jo-Anne...all I do is make my block whatever size the picture fabric says it has to be...and it can be a square or rectangle...then I cut to strips the width that I feel complements the block and cut them long enough to make a mitred corner...i.e.  3" strip I leave 4" extra so there is lots of fabric for ease of construction...then I sew the 2 strips to the bottom and left side of the block..stopping 1/4" before the corner...then I make my mitre....I fold the mitre into place and press it with the iron and then pin it and sew on the crease...hope that helps...

Ontario, Canada

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,418
Points 415,829
gini replied on Thu, Jun 17 2010 3:04 PM

i cut my pieces the exact shape and turn the corner when sewing.  i can't remember what that's called.       both methods work great.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

gini:

i cut my pieces the exact shape and turn the corner when sewing.  i can't remember what that's called.       both methods work great.   gini

gini, do you mean a Y seam??

Ontario, Canada

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,418
Points 415,829
gini replied on Thu, Jun 17 2010 4:43 PM

that's it helly, thanks      gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use