Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 26 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 216
Points 2,055
Pat Posted: Wed, Jun 2 2010 1:03 PM

I noticed that quite a few of you are creating designs using various software, especially in Jody's BOM. .  I recently purchased EQ but have not had the time to figure it out.  How do you upload pictures and then chose different fabrics?    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,544
Points 391,527
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 2 2010 3:00 PM

Pat,

the program comes with sample fabrics but if you want to use your own you need to scan them into the computer then add them to the fabric library. If you do the lessons in the EQ manual you will learn how to do that.

In order to use photos of your design you need to have the quilt design open in EQ then click FILE then EXPORT then PHOTO. You then choose where you want to store said photo on your computer (pictures folder maybe). You can then send it via email, post it to the forums etc.

The manual is very good. Don't put it away. I reference mine all the time for things I don't do regularly.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,544
Points 391,527
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 2 2010 3:02 PM

I forgot to add that some sites provide EQ files of their fabrics. Connecting Threads does this. You can download all their fabric collections as EQ files. Saves you the time of scanning them all into the program. The EQ web site also has monthly fabric files for download.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,541

Kris, can you design your own blocks in EQ or are you limited to using blocks in the program?

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,300
Nana replied on Wed, Jun 2 2010 4:42 PM

Sandy

You can design your own blocks in EQ.  I am not very good at the drawing part but I have taken some of the blocks and made changes.  There are so many things that can be done but I am not very good at using my EQ.  Maybe if I played with it more.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590

The trouble with EQ is that it's a kid magnet. Every time i think I should sit down and play with it, they come running. The 4 year old understands the program better then I do..probably because he gets to use it more!! 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160

Hi Pat,

I love my EQ and just bought the update that is coming out in June EQ7.  If you go through the tutorials in the manual, you will enjoy it so much more.  The tutorials walk you through the programs, step by step, in simple terms.  Also you can go to Electric Quilt Company to get more information.

Judy Lee

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160

Pat,

You can also go to QNNTV, which is part of your membership, browse programs, scroll down to "Do you EQ?"  I believe it is the second set of programs.

Judy Lee

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,541

Nana:
You can design your own blocks in EQ.

Thanks, Nana.  I have EQ's very basic (also cheap!) program "Quilt Design Wizard."  I enjoy playing around with it, but you are limited to using only the blocks in the program.  I'm sure I would enjoy it more if I could draw my own blocks.  Guess I will have to put EQ on my wish list.

Southwest Florida

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,544
Points 391,527
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 2 2010 7:41 PM

Sandy,

Like Nana said, you can design your own blocks or make changes to the ones in the program. You don't have to worry about anything the original blocks stay the same.

The EQ videos on QNNtv aren't very helpful if you're trying to learn the program.She goes too fast and doesn't do a step by step.

The EQ website has mystery type tutorials. You read a story and they give you step by step instructions to make the quilt in the story. They're fun to do.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 216
Points 2,055
Pat replied on Thu, Jun 3 2010 8:11 AM

Thanks for all of the wonderful ideas.  I will have to make time to go through the tutorials.

Thanks again,

Pat

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590

Kris:
The EQ website has mystery type tutorials. You read a story and they give you step by step instructions to make the quilt in the story. They're fun to do.

I didnt know abou tthat. I may have to try it...after the kids go to bed. ;-D  Thanks for the tip, Kris!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Thu, Jun 3 2010 8:48 AM

chocake2:

Kris:

I didnt know abou tthat. I may have to try it...after the kids go to bed. ;-D  Thanks for the tip, Kris

They also have a challenge every month.  If you take part I believe that you are able to download the info that everyone else produced.  The most recent one was tablerunners.  This month the challenge is to design a baby quilt.

EQ Baby Quilt Challenge

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,541

Kris, didn't you say one time that you were going to take an EQ class on Quilt University?

Southwest Florida

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,544
Points 391,527
Kris replied on Thu, Jun 3 2010 2:47 PM

Sandy,

I did take the class. It was on drawing. I wanted more instruction on creating my own appliqués. The class was very informative. I will definitely sign up for more in the future.

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.