any fabric in a while, ok few weeks.

What about you??????

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,689
Points 64,195
Jacy replied on Mon, Feb 27 2017 11:52 AM

I'm always trying to whittle mine down. I make many quilts with what I have but I have a wandering eye that seems to always spy some new fabric that I don't have and needs to come live in my sewing room. 

Perhaps I'm OK as long as I haven't run out of space and/or hiding places. Plus my 10 year old has been sewing too, so I need stash big enough for 2!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 230
homeatlast replied on Mon, Feb 27 2017 12:39 PM

I wish my daughter wanted to sew one daughter and 5 sons, all grown now.

I don't know who will get my stash, my 

mom sews but her stash is bigger than 

mine.Good you can pass the love to the next generation.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,373
Points 143,370

Whittle down the stash? I TRY. No matter how many scrap quilts I make, my stash seems just as large and out of control as ever. At my age, nearly 75, I MUST get things under control. I also need to quilt a pile of quilt tops. I love making the tops. Quilting them?....not so much.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 230

I understand controlling fabric stash,        I love shopping for fabric, but at 57 I'm    afraid of to much as I age, always trying to find a balance, it get hard at times.       Today I more selective, my mom sew,      but her stash is bigger than mine,so  who???? Will get or even want my stash.?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 106
Points 1,280
HelenM replied on Mon, Feb 27 2017 5:00 PM

I have a large stash also,, not just little yardage but most of my yardage is 2 yds to 10 yds of each fabric.

I promised my daughter that I would sort thru and sell some , only problem with selling is that it is quilt shop fabric that will sell at yard sale prices.. that is so sad.. any other suggestions would be accepted..

Helen

Helen in East Texas

• | Post Points: 0
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 106
Points 1,280
HelenM replied on Mon, Feb 27 2017 5:07 PM

I am also at age of 74 so,,,, I have a large stash also,, not just little yardage but most of my yardage is 2 yds to 10 yds of each fabric.

I promised my daughter that I would sort thru and sell some , only problem with selling is that it is quilt shop fabric that will sell at yard sale prices.. that is so sad.. any other suggestions would be accepted..

Helen

Helen in East Texas

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 106
Points 1,280
HelenM replied on Mon, Feb 27 2017 5:15 PM

How to delete a double post!!  I posted the reply but it told me it could not be posted, so I tried again, making one change and now I have two posts that are basically identical. I tried to delete it but could not do so..

If you know how to prevent this happening to you, please by all means tell me

Helen in East Texas

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 230

I don't know about selling fabric, but do read about people using it to piece back to use it up, donation to charities, making quilts and pillowcase for charities,helping a beginner get started.I hope  you find the answer you need.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,373
Points 143,370

HelenM:
How to delete a double post!!  I posted the reply but it told me it could not be posted, so I tried again, making one change and now I have two posts that are basically identical. I tried to delete it but could not do so..If you know how to prevent this happening to you, please by all means tell me

This happens sometimes. I've learned that it is just an error and the post actually does go through. It's a glitch with QCA they've never been able to fix. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,486
Points 46,845
ls2116 replied on Mon, Feb 27 2017 11:18 PM

whittle down my stash i don't think so too many quilts on my bucket list and now i seen something about making fabric rugs that takes 10 yds. of fabric something phillys can't remember exactly.

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 230
homeatlast replied on Tue, Feb 28 2017 12:24 AM

If you make a fabric rug take a picture and let us see, I would love to see one.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 801
Points 14,485
Judi replied on Tue, Feb 28 2017 12:04 PM

You may mean AuntnPhilly's toothbrush rugs. I used her tool, but found I preferred a large wood crochet hook. It was strips, folded and crocheted. You can also make old fashioned braided rugs. 

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 230
homeatlast replied on Tue, Feb 28 2017 12:15 PM

Does the fabric unravel on the ends??? Do you have pictures you can share?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 106
Points 1,280
HelenM replied on Tue, Feb 28 2017 8:06 PM

Thanks Judy,

I will wait a day before reposting one!

Helen

Helen in East Texas

Page 1 of 3 (40 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.