Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 796
Points 14,430
Judi Posted: Wed, Aug 3 2016 7:33 AM

I received an email with Quilters Club of America offering fake passports, etc. i havevsentnit to my local police. I believe your accounts were hacked. 

This is us a serious breach. 

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 175

Hi Judy - I'm looking into this. My guess is the hacker just spoofed the email to make it look like it came from QCA. I would like to see the full email with the headers to really take a look. Do you mind forwarding to amanda.ferm@fwcommunity.com please?

Thanks,

Amanda

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,992
Points 55,185
Ginny replied on Wed, Aug 3 2016 9:52 AM

Amanda, I also received that email this morning 2 times, but I can't send to you as I put them in my spam file and deleted them.     Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 796
Points 14,430
Judi replied on Wed, Aug 3 2016 11:19 AM

Amanda

i will forward to you. I have forwarded this to my local,police dept who feel this is a serious issue and an issue that needs to be brought to additional higher level law enforcement. I am an elected Suoervisor ( peculiar to the Commonwealth  of PA-like an elected council -no mayor) as well as a victim of the 9/11 attacks.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,569
Points 391,832
Kris replied on Wed, Aug 3 2016 11:20 AM

The email did come from QCA. Someone created a post on the site. There are spammers who create accounts on the site to do this sort of thing occasionally. Usually they stick to the blogs.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 796
Points 14,430
Judi replied on Wed, Aug 3 2016 7:43 PM

I figured as much, but fake passports are a security risk to all of us. My police department took this very seriously. And I am glad they did.  I know these things are probably more upsetting to me than the general membership, but fake passports are a real risk to our safety. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,569
Points 391,832
Kris replied on Wed, Aug 3 2016 7:54 PM

Oh most definitely Judi. I agree with you and I think you did the right thing.

I was just referring to the possibility that the spammer spoofed the email to look like it came from QCA. It amazes me that people will sign up on sites like these just to send spam. They hope that people will respond because it comes from a site they trust.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 35
Points 810

Have received 2 more of these this weekend! Site management needs to clean this stuff up. They aren't subtle so do a search of members & get rid of them please! Have forwarded the emails to admin.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.