Page 6 of 6 (79 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 78 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 8:40 PM

I've made a table topper with these...many, many years ago.  Geesh, I think I was in my 20's.  I still have it.  I learned it from Georgia Bonsteel on TV and fell in love with it.  I remember thinking I'd make a bed cover for my king size bed.  Needless to say I gave up.  They are lovely, but time consuming.  Mine were 3" finish squares, I think.  I probably should have made them bigger.  Might have gotten at least a twin size before I gave up, lol.  If I come across it I will post a pic.  

Gale, I'm sure your mom is going to love the pillow.  You still have plenty of time to get it done.   

Linny T

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 9:31 PM

It's always fun to see these old threads reappear.  Linny, Gale's posting was from May 2010.  I have no idea if she got the pillow done in time for Mother's Day then.  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 34
Points 530
Jennifer replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 9:22 PM

WOW! I've never seen this pattern before as I'm new to quilting. Your pillow is so beautiful!

What I make with my hands, I give of my heart.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 7:48 AM

I love Georgia Bonesteel, to me she is the QUEEN of Quilting.  I have several of her books and my first quilt was done in the style of Lap Quilting as seen on one of her many shows on PBS.  I hope to make a sampler quilt modeled after one of hers and a Bear Paw in blue and white.  I have spent many hours over the past 30+ years reading and rereading her books.  I would love to get her last book, maybe in a couple months

Page 6 of 6 (79 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use