Website problems

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 170
bowdenjk@myfairpoint.net Posted: Fri, Apr 23 2010 1:23 PM

Still can't open the tips.  It has been suggested that Mac users need to download Foxfire, which I did.  Now what?  I googled Foxfire.com and found where to download Foxfire for free, which I did.  Where does it go? Where does it appear?  Still can't open the tips.???????????

Also I keep getting membership expired notices, but when I check on My account, it shows that my paid up membership does not expire until 4/14/2011. ???????????

You website is very frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Fri, Apr 23 2010 1:37 PM

bowden,  stick with them, they will get you figure out.  i had to call my computer dr.  and have him do a house call to get my computer to watch the videos.   i tried fire fox and that didn't do it.  but that was a year ago.   they may have figured it out by now.  i'm sorry  i can't help, but i don't know how to perform  the magic  on computers.    have you e-mailed them.  they have a 'report issues here' at the top of this page.  and when i have had trouble, i called the toll free number at the bottom of this page.    they are very nice and will do whatever they can to get you fixed.    this is a great site and a lot of fun.  but i know how frustrating it can be when it isn't working right.    gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 144
Points 1,930
Priscilla replied on Fri, Apr 23 2010 2:26 PM

Do you know where you downloaded to? You need to find where it was downloaded and then click on the icon. You will need to find this file and click on it-Firefox Setup 3.6.3.exe you might try doing a search on your computer if you cannot find it. I usually just type in .exe and I chose the one I need. Good luck.   Everything should load then you can open up the browser and you should be all set.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Fri, Apr 23 2010 3:13 PM

when I can't find something that I have downloaded - I go back to where I downloaded it and start the process again and this time I write down on a piece of paper the file area it went into - normally it will go into a file called downloads... but sometimes they get hidden.

Try that and see if it helps.  I do not have a Mac but on my PC I can click on start and in the little box there is a search engine that I type in what I am looking for and it usually comes up. 

If not, do you have a staples near you , they are helping with computers now at their stores....try that and see if it helps...or call customer service and ask for one of the computer techs and see if they can help you!  They have helped me in the past.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Fri, Apr 23 2010 3:22 PM

Go into applications either on your dashboard or via finder.   You should see firefox there.  I am certainly not at all good with this stuff but I hope this works.  Blind leading the blind I am afraid.

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 258,015
QCA Admin replied on Fri, Apr 23 2010 3:43 PM

bowdenjk@myfairpoint.net:

Still can't open the tips.  It has been suggested that Mac users need to download Foxfire, which I did.  Now what?  I googled Foxfire.com and found where to download Foxfire for free, which I did.  Where does it go? Where does it appear?  Still can't open the tips.???????????

Also I keep getting membership expired notices, but when I check on My account, it shows that my paid up membership does not expire until 4/14/2011. ???????????

Hi bowdenjk,

So sorry you're having such frustrations. A few things I've checked - your renewal came in after the file was pulled for the most recent issue of Easy Quilts - so that's why you received the expire message. I checked your account and it matches the 4/14/11 date.

Re: watching videos on Safari. We are working on a fix as we speak for this. It's been long in the works and very frustrating for our Safari users - so we are anxious to get it on the site so everyone can test it. It could be as early as Monday.

FIrefox has been a good browser for these types of sites - and seems to have the least number of conflicts. That being said, we should have the fix done for Safari (fingers crossed) any day now - and you can stick with what you know!

Once you download Firefox, you may still need to install it on your computer. If it's installed, it should show up in your programs folder. Just click on it to open it, and then enter www.quiltersclubofamerica.com in the url field at the top.

We want to get you straightened out and enjoying the club - so if you still have issues, please contact customer service by phone or email. The contact info is in the upper left corner - click on Contact Us.

QCA Peg

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

bowdenjk@myfairpoint.net:

On a Mac, after you download an app, it's either in your downloads folder or it's on your desktop. You need to double-click that icon. You should get a message asking where you want the app to go. Select Applications. Once Firefox is open, the icon will be in the dock across the bottom. If you put the cursor on the icon and then hold down the space bar or the mouse button, you will see an option to "Keep In Dock" (or it may give you a choice of Options which you click and then chose Keep In Dock". Once it's downloaded, you may want to change the preferences so Firefox is the preferred browser.

BTW, if you need extra help, just "friend" me (click on my name then choose "Start Conversation" or "Add as Friend".

Gillette, WY

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

QCA Admin:
Once you download Firefox, you may still need to install it on your computer. If it's installed, it should show up in your programs folder. Just click on it to open it, and then enter www.quiltersclubofamerica.com in the url field at the top.

On a Mac the Programs folder is actually the Applications folder.

Gillette, WY

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 40

Hi,  I'm new to this and my user name is Grandma Edie.  I've joined the QCA Community but have not yet joined QCA.  I'm having a difficult time trying to put up my profile, tell where I hail from and use your site in general.  Why am I having all of this difficulty.  Your website is frustrating to maneuver around.  Can you help me? I do not have a mouse that has a wheel under it.  I have a cordless mouse.  Also, I follow directions on what to do if you don't have a mouse with a wheel and I can't get anything ...nothing changes.  Sincerely,

Grandma Edie

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Tue, Apr 27 2010 1:39 PM

Grandma Edie - first let me welcome you and then let me see if I can help with your problem...

Welcome to QCA!!!

I am a paid member so am not sure if it works the same way - but what I do is click on My Profile...

I have a Green Box and am not sure what color yours is but I click then on

Edit Profile

In here there is a spot for a short Bio

and below that is Common Profile Options

I just fill them out - and click Save

there are 3 file tabs at the top of the page

1 is the Profile Options - Site Options - Sign in Information

you can go under each heading and change what ever you want to - don't forget to clcik Save at the bottom of each page...

I am not sure why you are having difficulties and recommend that you call the 1-888-253-0203 # and talk to our customer service rep for more help.  It takes a few minutes to get through as we only have 1 answering the phones as far as I know but she will solve all your problems or find someone who can!

Again welcome to QCA!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Tue, Apr 27 2010 4:03 PM

edie, it took me a while to figure out how to get around here, but i'm a slow learner.   keep after it and you will get it figured out.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720
Hi There I can't load quotes in my posts any more and when I type my posts and put in paragraphs they have disappeared when they appear online. This is a recent problem for me as it all worked perfectly before. I know it must be me as no one else is having this problem. Any ideas anyone?

Hampshire, England

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Tue, Apr 27 2010 10:20 PM

jay-marie, i believe lilian is having the same issue.  gini

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720
Thanks Gini maybe I don't feel such a twit now I wonder what it is.

Hampshire, England

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Wed, Apr 28 2010 3:02 PM

jay-marie, it's interesting that it isn't happening to all of us.    did you contact admin?      gini

gini in north idaho

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use