Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,940
Sharon Posted: Thu, Apr 22 2010 6:54 PM

Does anyone know how to use the monogramming foot to monogram? My owners manuel says to the monogramming foot for decorative stitching. Am I misunderstanding this foot?

Toledo, OH

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,302
Points 414,104
gini replied on Thu, Apr 22 2010 7:02 PM

http://www.1stchoicevacandsew.com/brother-se-350-se350-enthusiast-computerized-sewing-and-embroidery-machine.html   sharon, see if this site helps    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,940
Sharon replied on Thu, Apr 22 2010 7:41 PM

Thanks gini, I saw that site but it does not say anything about using the monogramming foot to create a monogram. The only ways I am aware of monogramming is with the embroidery foot or dropping the feed dogs and doing a free motion design.

Toledo, OH

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,302
Points 414,104
gini replied on Thu, Apr 22 2010 8:14 PM

i guess i don't understand what you're asking.    the monogram foot is a shape that allows wider stitches,  going different directions,  and mine allows me to see the stitching as it happens.   the foot itself doesn't monogram.  your machine does that.    am i wrong?     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,940
Sharon replied on Thu, Apr 22 2010 8:44 PM

Gini, I have been asked the question "How to use a monogramming foot to monogram?" I don't know too much about sewing yet. I searched Brother's website as well as the internet for that question but have found nothing. It seems that the question is incorrect because the monogramming foot is not used to monogram, only to sew decorative stitches.

Toledo, OH

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,302
Points 414,104
gini replied on Thu, Apr 22 2010 8:59 PM

sharon, monograms are part of the decorative stitches.   the monogram foot accomodates the wide stitches used in decorative stitches,  so yes, you use that foot for monogramming, but you have to set the machine to do the work.   that's how my machine works    do you have a program or setting for letters?     gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Also, Sharon, who asked the question? What kind of machine are we talking about? I think if we had the specifics we could be of more help.

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,940
Sharon replied on Fri, Apr 23 2010 7:13 AM

My machine is a Brother SE-400, it is a beginning embroidery machine. It does have letters with the embroidery module that work with the embroidery foot. I have done that and it works well. The manual doesn't say anything about the using the monogramming foot to sew letters. My friend ask the question who is newer to sewing than I am. Late last night I found a link on the Brother website and asked them the question, havent heard back yet.

Toledo, OH

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,302
Points 414,104
gini replied on Fri, Apr 23 2010 12:24 PM

sharon, let us know what the foot is for and how it works, when you hear back from brother.  you have my curiosity peaked.    thanks gini

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,940
Sharon replied on Fri, Apr 23 2010 1:17 PM

I sure will gini.

Toledo, OH

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

I would be interested, too, Sharon, in knowing the difference between the monogramming foot and the embroidery foot. Thanks for answer my questions. I don't have a Brother machine, so the feet for my machine are called something different than for yours.

Gillette, WY

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,940
Sharon replied on Fri, Apr 23 2010 9:12 PM

And the answer is: The monogramming foot is a wider foot than most other feet with a see through center and a cut out section on the bottom. It is foot # N on my Brother sewing machine. The foot can be used to do free motion sewing to create the monogram. I set up the fabric with stabelizer and set it into a hand embroidery hoop. Slip the hoop under the foot assembly and sew free motion style with a tight zigzag stitch.

This must not be a common use for this foot because there is almost no information about monogramming with the foot. 

Toledo, OH

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Interesting!

Sharon, I wonder if there night be a users group for your brand and style of machine at Yahoo groups. I belong to the Janome 6500/6600 group. The people on that list have all kinds of answers for any question about this particular machine. You might do a search to see if there is one for the Brother, and if they do, someone on the group may have other suggestions for using those 2 feet.

Gillette, WY

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use