Posts 15
Points 205
amandammalek Posted: Mon, Mar 21 2016 7:07 PM

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,788
Points 45,495
Roxana replied on Tue, Mar 22 2016 12:40 PM

I am attending a quilt retreat with my local guild. So far I've almost finished three UFOs with the exception of the quilting. It is easier to be focused when in s room of fellow quilters!!

Hot Springs Village, Arkansas

• | Post Points: 0
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,373
Points 143,400

I'm continuing to work on my granddaughter's wedding quilt. Hope to finish the last pieced border this week. Then just plain borders to finish it off. I know she's going to love it, it's in her wedding colors of burgundy, rose and gray. I wish now I had added a touch of gold fabric to jazz it up a bit. I did add some gold color, via crayon, in some of the small floral black on white patches. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,373
Points 143,400

Roxana, where is your retreat being held?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,373
Points 143,400

Also, continuing with the 365 day challenge. About 80 blocks so far, mostly 3". Using only scraps in a hopeless attempt to reduce my bins of bits and pieces. This will be one wild and scrappy quilt.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,593
Points 392,267
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 27 2016 11:54 AM

That's awesome Judy. I've only made two of these blocks though I've been faithfully downloading the blocks. The scraps will continue to multiply. I don't know if we'll ever see the bottom of those bins.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,593
Points 392,267
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 27 2016 11:58 AM

Hello Everyone,

Happy Easter.

I'm hosting my own book giveaway in the paper piecing blog. The book is "Moda All-Stars All in a Row".

It's not a paper piecing book (various techniques) so don't let that scare you away. Visit the blog and leave a comment for a chance to win.

Thanks.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,373
Points 143,400

I'm almost finished with piecing my granddaughter's wedding quilt, just a couple more of the outer borders. It's going to be a few inches smaller than I originally intended. Only about 95 x 95. And, I'm not happy with it at all. The fabrics or the quality of my piecing. I do like the pattern, which I designed in EQ7, but had trouble with the custom sizes. I should have taken more time. 

So, I'm making another one with a few different fabrics and slight adjustments to the pattern. It's coming out better although I had to order another 2 yards of fabric for the background.

I intend to completely finish both versions and give her a choice. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,788
Points 45,495
Roxana replied on Tue, Apr 5 2016 9:12 PM

Judy, you are such an inspiration! I love your 365-Day quilt blocks. And I can't wait to see both quilts you are making for your granddaughter!

Hot Springs Village, Arkansas

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,486
Points 46,860
ls2116 replied on Thu, Apr 21 2016 9:34 AM

I just finished my patch in time quilt and posted a pic.  Now i'm going to start a new applique quilt from the book "The Spirit Of Sacagawea"  Only problem is I have to remember how to do an applique quilt LOL!

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,486
Points 46,860
ls2116 replied on Sat, Apr 23 2016 1:57 PM

I'm making templates for applique now, but the 365 challenge sounds fun.

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Posts 0
Points 0
Fleety replied on Tue, May 3 2016 9:47 AM

Wow ! Judy, your blocks are beautiful...

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,486
Points 46,860
ls2116 replied on Wed, May 4 2016 11:15 AM

i'm procrastinating i'm not sure for an applique quilt is it better to fuse the fabric to fusible then trace, or do each piece individually then fuse each for machine applique? what is your opinion?

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,373
Points 143,400

ls2116:
i'm procrastinating i'm not sure for an applique quilt is it better to fuse the fabric to fusible then trace, or do each piece individually then fuse each for machine applique? what is your opinion?

Is, if I'm understanding correctly, you need to trace your design onto the fusible first. If you fuse it to the fabric first, it might be difficult to trace on the design. I suppose if you use a light box it might show up through the fabric.

Is this what you're asking? I'm old honey, and often misunderstand things. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,373
Points 143,400

OK, I might add something. I have traced a design directly onto a fabric, using a light box and removable Frixion pen. But that's when I'm doing needle turn applique, not machine applique and not using a fusible.

Page 1 of 25 (370 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.