Top 10 Posters

Tshirt Quilt

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 40
amommasheart6 posted on Mon, Jun 15 2015 11:48 PM

Though I am not a quilter, I aspire to be. I have a bustle of children (in today's standards!), and with all of the different activities they are apart of, we have quite the Tshirt collection going. I've often thought it would be neat to send them off to college with one (thankfully I still have 6 more years until my oldest heads in that direction...tear.) but at my pace, I need to get started now. Again, no quilting experience, so any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 200 Contributor
Female
365 Posts
Points 5,460

amoma,

Nice meeting you.  I started to sew together quilts in2013  and I learned how to do it by watching youtubes on the internet.  If I wanted to do a t-shirt quilt I would tipe that into the net and see what I can find.

Marianne

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,202 Posts
Points 38,205
Roxana replied on Tue, Jun 16 2015 8:21 AM

PINTEREST! ... Loads of suggestions there. 

See is by clicking on this link you can find my PINTEREST board on t-shirt quilts.

Basically, you will have to cut them out. I cut only the sides and arms and shoulders to make two pieces. You'll have to figure your layout. Then you will also have to back them with interfacing before cutting more specifically. From the PINTEREST board, you can find lots of tutorials on how to do it. Several books and patterns are out there too.

Let me know if I can help. I'm working on some now.

Welcome to the group.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.