Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 997
Points 24,925
MaryLeeHayden Posted: Tue, Jun 9 2015 3:15 PM

I know I have been scarce for quite some time. I'm still around. Our family has been through a lot. Of course, being nucking futs, I have been isolating way too much. I hope I'm still remembered by a few here. I'm sorry for being AWOL. I'm working my way back. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 298
Points 4,310

Welcome back!  You've been in a lot of prayers for a long time.

stitcheraz

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 997
Points 24,925

I have felt that. I sleep under a quilt of love from the wonderful quilters here. I cannot put into words how much this quilt means to me.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,319
Points 22,250

Welcome back, Mary!  It's so great to hear from you!  I know what you mean about the special quilt you received. I spend lots of nights curled up with the one I received. Take care, dear lady.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,912
Points 420,614
gini replied on Wed, Jun 10 2015 12:54 PM

Welcome back mary

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,511
Points 41,560
Mimi replied on Wed, Jun 10 2015 4:45 PM

Mary - so good to see you posting again.  Hope you will keep it up.  Blessings.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,569
Points 391,832
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 10 2015 5:59 PM

Mary it's so good to see you posting again. Welcome back. I hope things continue to improve for you and your family.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 905
Points 15,060
zoetc49 replied on Thu, Jun 11 2015 4:59 AM

HI Mary, great to see you, have you been sewing much? I got out of sewing for sometime...I need to get back into it. My nephew is here with me and wants to learn all about quilting...so today i think I will get him to help me cut out his quilt and maybe we can work on it a little, then I can put that away and work on something else till I need to work on his again, or get him back here...lol.  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 997
Points 24,925

I haven't been sewing much lately. I haven't even been knitting either. We have our home for sale and I am not the neatest quilter. Hopefully our home will sell soon and would appreciate your prayers. Phil really needs to retire soon. I would live in a cave with my wonderful hubby (as long as there's electricity or I find an old fashioned sewing machine that is operated by peddles).

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 905
Points 15,060
zoetc49 replied on Thu, Jun 11 2015 8:23 PM

That is what love is all about.....

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,554
Points 40,380
Linda replied on Sun, Jun 14 2015 9:21 PM

Hi MaryLee. Glad to see you back. I hardly get on site myself. I miss all my old friends that were on here.

Plus I've been sick since before Christmas and have been in a nursing home. Good news is I'm to be released before the end of the month. I'm selling my house to get out of the city and be closer to my cousin who is now my guardian. I'm moving into 55+ senior apartment complex in my hometown of Middlefield, OH with home health care. I've had my sewing machines here and I'm the resident seamstress doing repairs for everyone and walker bags. Made mug rugs for several people. A few preemie quilts and several Christmas stockings. Managed to finish a few small UFOs. Made myself some pj bottoms but haven't made the tops yet. Got my days/nights mixed up so quit sewing. Then yesterday was Indy's birthday and I had a big party for him. The residents had a great time. I had a clown and cake for all the residents. Indy is well loved here.  Now I have to get ready to move and help my cousin who has been flooded today.

Hugs.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,341
Points 17,940
Susan replied on Sun, Jun 14 2015 10:06 PM

Welcome back, Mary ! We have missed you and I have been thinking about you and wondering how things are going . Hope your house sells, soon.  I will keep you in my prayers. Hugs, to you.  Susan

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,341
Points 17,940
Susan replied on Sun, Jun 14 2015 10:22 PM

Linda, So glad you posted I have been thinking of you and praying for your health. So glad you are finally getting some much needed assistance with your living situation. I thing you may enjoy the senior apartment complex as you will have lots of folks around to look out for you and to socialize with,  tto.maybe you can start a quilting group there. Home health sounds like just what you need, too. I was looking at the apron you made me a couple of years ago for the secret  Santa exchange one of many gifts you made for me. I use the note cards you made with my name and pictures of my favorite things on them, people comment on them all the time. That was the best box of gifts I have ever gotten and what made them so special was they were mostly all handmade by you.  Keep us posted on your  move and  health issues. I will keep praying for you, dear friend,  and wish you many blessings .   Hugs, Susan

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.