Hello from Alaska

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 160
Priecl Posted: Mon, Nov 24 2014 6:07 PM

I currently live in "the last frontier", AK.   I am a full time RN, and sadly, probably do not quilt as much I would like.  It is fun to stay connected with others through their love and enjoyment of fabric and quilting.

• | Post Points: 140
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 954
Points 16,210

Love Alaska.  My favorite vacation of all time.  Got to spend a week in luxury on a cruise then a week ruffing it on Glacier Bay Island.

Now I live in Utah.  Just as pretty but without the weird daylight not daylight thing.

Quilt Away when you have the time. Being a full time RN is greatly needed and we appreciate nurses and the jobs they have to do.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,068
Points 19,715

Welcome, Priecl! It's nice to have you join us here.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 845
Points 16,670
Sue replied on Tue, Nov 25 2014 10:21 AM

Hi Priecl! and Welcome to the group!

I loved Alaska!  DH and I spent this past summer touring the state, what a trip!  Literally, we had so much fun and saw so much of the great state.  Course I had to stop at every quilt shop I saw and pick up a piece of fabric!  Right now I am in So Calif being a caretaker for my Uncle, but when I get back to Texas I want to pull out all that wonderful fabric and make a memory quilt of our trip.

Please post pictures of whatever you are working on and welcome again.

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 5
Shannon replied on Thu, Jan 1 2015 1:06 PM

I hear ya! Wish I had more time to quilt but that full-time teaching job keeps getting in the way!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,639
Points 418,679
gini replied on Thu, Jan 1 2015 2:25 PM

Welcome priecl

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,309
Points 17,570
Susan replied on Thu, Jan 1 2015 2:46 PM

Welcome, Priecl !    Ive never been to your beautiful state but it is on my list of trips we want to take. I work full time, also so I understand how there just is not enough time in a day for it all. I do love and enjoy the time I get to make quilts and things. I cant  imagine  not having my favorite hobby and all that goes with it .  Hope to see some pics of your work.      Susan, North, Florida

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,175
Points 22,395

Welcome Priecl

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,144
Points 68,120
Robin replied on Fri, Jan 2 2015 7:54 AM

Pricel,

Welcome!  This site is a lot of fun.  Great people.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,781
Points 180,703
Marie replied on Fri, Jan 2 2015 6:05 PM

Hi and welcome Priecl, glad you joined us.  I'm from MA, just SW of Boston.  I had the pleasure of visiting your beautiful AK with my husband and two other couples, it was the vacation of a lifetime and I have memories to last forever.  We'd love to see some of your creations, we love pictures!

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 712
Points 13,485

Hello Priecl,

Welcome!! I just saw your note and wanted to also welcome you.  Husband and i just were in your lovely state this summer for 4 months.  Touring and working. I'm also an RN, love to travel and sew quilts.  We had such a wonderful time and I was teaching in Anchorage a few classes at the Alaska Native Hospital, so I made more money to buy more material!! 

The wildlife and scenery we saw was amazing.  Lot of material from that area, looking forward to working on it this year to make a few memory quilts.  We also met so many new friends along the way.  Met Sue and her husband as well as another couple here in San Antonio that we have made a few more trips with.  What an amazing country this is, that we live in. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,084
Points 251,844
Barbara replied on Sat, Jan 3 2015 8:42 AM

Priecl, welcome to the club .you will love it here .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,048
Points 19,670

Welcome, Priecl!  My 3 sisters & I took an Alaskan cruise a couple of years ago & loved it.  It was a trip of a lifetime.  A beautiful state,    Would love to do it again but stay longer.

This is a great site with great people.  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 514
Points 7,120

Welcome, Priecl,

Glad you can join us from "the last frontier".  I only work part-time and still don't quilt as much as I would like.  Hope you will share pics with us.

Barbara

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use