Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,737
Points 139,435
Judy T-Bellingham Posted: Sun, Oct 19 2014 4:02 PM

Hubby took a notion to make an upside down cake. He found a cake mix in the cupboard, no pineapple. He grabbed a jar of canned peaches. Perfect. I left him to it and worked on a quilt. It's a cake mix, what can go wrong?

I went to check on him and he had the peaches layered in the pan with the butter and brown suger and was spooning a very thick cake mix over the top. It looked like cookie dough and I asked him if he had added the oil and the water. Yep, for sure. He put it in the oven. Then I spied a measuring cup with water. The look on the poor man's face!

I don't know how this is going to come out. I pulled it out of the oven and dribbled the peach juice over the top. Should be interesting. We may end up with a peach upside down COOKIE.  LOL

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 474
Points 6,640

Well he deserves alot of credit for trying!!  Some wouldn't even look for the cake mix!  LOL

Barbara

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,737
Points 139,435

Barbara from California:

Well he deserves alot of credit for trying!!  Some wouldn't even look for the cake mix!  LOL

He actually likes to cook, but not from recipe's. He doesn't do well with recipes. It came out of the oven and tastes good. Kind of a cross between a heavy cake and a soft cookie. New dish "Peach Upside Down Cake Cookie". He's happy

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use