Top 10 Posters

Step 1-Buying the Fabric!

Page 11 of 24 (349 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 348 Replies | 57 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 49
Points 595

Gina, this always causes me trouble: I would want to make three quilts. I love those fabrics. I am a sucker for butterflies. Blues always draw me. Yellows brighten my day, just like sunshine.

My first thoughts were make the butterflies the dark, the blue the light and the yellow accent because the blues would be a relaxing quilt, but the yellow would be a refreshing pop, just like sunshine after a summer's rain.

On the other hand, using the butterflies as the dark and the yellow as the light lets you pull back in some blue with your light blue accent. A completely different look!

Then, you mentioned using the butterflies as the accent. Wow! What a totally different quilt from the others.

So, I would definitely want to do three quilts just for the fun of seeing how each turned out. How exciting. BUT, this is of no help to you what so ever! The rumblings of an old lady who cannot sleep tonight.

Your fabrics are GREAT!

Susie from Indy

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 498
Points 10,010
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 6:13 AM

Everyone's fabrics are really nice.....jb I like the patriotic theme and Gina your butterflies are beautiful....just remember if at all possible small prints..

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,645

Gina, love the fabric. I agree all combinations would offer unique options. Follow your heart, and maybe think of the future purpose of the quilt will help

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 722
Points 18,130

I'm a bit late to this party, but have lots of stash to shop.  I thought I'd make a throw quilt for my BIL, so came up with these choices -- dark, light, accent from top to bottom -- the flash washed out the turquoise so it is a bit darker than shown here:

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 80
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 498
Points 10,010
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 6:53 AM

Nice Brigit-Carol!

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 110
Sandra replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 7:25 AM

My fabrics for mystery quilt 10!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 381
Points 8,545
didash replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 7:27 AM

Brigit-Carol - I have that same light fabric in my stash and LOVE it!  It works with so many quilts! Wish I had more of it!!! Not even enough left to set aside for this MQ because I've used it so often!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 268
Points 14,265

Hello All!

This is AWESOME to see everyone getting involved, encouraging each other, and helping out! As this is my first Mystery Quilt as admin, please stick with me as I learn the process. I have noticed a lot of comments about providing a PDF for each step. You can open this Word document to save/print the first step. Going forward, I will provide a document with the next step when I first post.

Best,

QCA Rachel

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 90

Thank you. Thank you.  Thank you.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 25
Helen replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 9:19 AM

Judy,

I like the second picture as my choice!! all look great but that one caught my eye first!

Helen

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 25
Helen replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 9:22 AM

Love the lime green to make it pop!

Helen

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,407
Kris replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 9:33 AM

Brigit-Carol:
I'm a bit late to this party, but have lots of stash to shop.  I thought I'd make a throw quilt for my BIL, so came up with these choices -- dark, light, accent from top to bottom -- the flash washed out the turquoise so it is a bit darker than shown here:

Love this combo.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 722
Points 18,130

didash:

Brigit-Carol - I have that same light fabric in my stash and LOVE it!  It works with so many quilts! Wish I had more of it!!! Not even enough left to set aside for this MQ because I've used it so often!

I also find that tan so versatile.  Thankfully I purchased 4 yds. of 108" wide when our LQS closed down.  After this quilt, I'll probably have enough left for another.  It is from Marshalls Dry Goods and I'm pretty sure it's still available.   

Brigit-Carol

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,832
Points 40,015
ls2116 replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 10:52 AM

Oh my those butterflies are too beautiful!  The pic of my fabric didn't look so great, so i might rethink mine

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,832
Points 40,015
ls2116 replied on Thu, Sep 4 2014 11:00 AM

qcarachel Thanks so much for providing a pdf next time I appreciate it.  Are you also the choreographer or designer of this mystery quilt ? Thank you for doing this mystery 10.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 11 of 24 (349 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use