Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 2,905
Barbara from California Posted: Mon, Aug 18 2014 7:37 PM

My son gave me these 10 fat quarters of Halloween fabric which I really like, but I need help choosing a pattern!!  I'd like to use some of each fabric in the quilt.  I haven't been quilting long enough to know which patterns are suitable for 10 fat quarters so please help me by suggesting patterns!   Thanks!

I'd

Barbara

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 752
Points 11,960

Barbara. Do you have Pinterest?  If so you can search for Halloween Quilt Patterns that are fat quarter friendly. I'm not too much of a Halloween buff so I don't know of any. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 2,905

Thanks, Donna.  I'm not signed up on Pinterest, but I will try to check it out.  I'm hoping someone will know of a pattern that will work well with these fabrics.

Barbara

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,725
Points 364,632
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 18 2014 8:11 PM

Fat Quarter shop

All People Quilt

Moda Bake Shop

Missouri Star Quilt Company

Try these for free FQ friendly patterns.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 2,905

Thanks Kris!  I will check these websites also.  If I find any I will post them to get opinions.  I'm still hopeful someone will know of a pattern by name that will look good with Halloween fabric!! 

Barbara

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,725
Points 364,632
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 18 2014 8:55 PM

You're welcome Barbara. Any pattern will work as long as you have enough fabric. You can supplement what you have with coordinating colours even if they're not halloween specific.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 2,905

Thanks!  I searched online and found the one below.  It was actually in one of Fons and Porters magazines and I found it in my pile of magazines!!  The pattern uses 7 fat quarters plus other fabrics so I wouldn't be able to use all 10 fat quarters, but I do like this pattern.  What do you think of this pattern? 

Barbara

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,725
Points 364,632
Kris replied on Tue, Aug 19 2014 12:07 AM

That looks great Barbara. I like it.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 2,905

Thanks, Kris.  I would really like a bigger quilt so I will look a little more.   If I don't find anything else this may be the one.  :)

Barbara

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 603
Points 10,435
zoetc49 replied on Tue, Aug 19 2014 12:44 AM

Barbara, 

You can use all the fabric you have in that quilt. Just add extra boarders around the edge. You could also square off the squares ( a square inside a square) and use the extra fabric to add other blocks.

I might be confusing you, maybe someone can state better what I am trying to say...or maybe I can find a picture...I will look.  

I found this link to something that looks like I am trying to state.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnqrAwXHLtpkSLH1t-rytL1anTmUwNeKUIADKZKVRNQWeRMoO8mg

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 2,905

Thanks, zoetc49!   I understand what you mean and I appreciate you including the link.  These are things I didn't think of because I don't yet have the experience many of you do.  I learn something new every day on QCA!! 

Barbara

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use