Marking dark fabric

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 16 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,750 Posts
Points 139,710
Judy T-Bellingham posted on Wed, Jul 23 2014 11:14 AM

I'm going to start Crabapple Hill Over the River and Through the Woods. I'll just make one of the panels for a winter wall hanging.

Instead of  light background fabric, I'm going to use a deep blue tone on tone fabric with white embroidery. 

I have a white marking pencil but this is a project that takes me awhile to complete and the marking has to withstand much handling. I did a test on a piece, handled it over and over for a couple days. The white pencil markings were barely legible. Frixion doesn't make a white erasable pen.

I'm thinking about using the Wash-Away Applique sheets. I used them on a project that had a white background and it seemed to wash away fine. But this is a deep blue and I'm a bit nervous about residue showing.

Any suggestions?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,738 Posts
Points 419,874
gini replied on Thu, Jul 24 2014 6:00 PM

i'll have to check out the transfer ez.  always looking for better products

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
170 Posts
Points 2,770

I have over the river, bought it as a kit. My background is light so I won't have the tracing problem. I need to get it  out and get started. I know you will have yours finished in no time, Judy. 

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use