Page 2 of 5 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 60 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 9,745
Joyce replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 12:04 AM

Sad to hear about Patti, Donna & Marge P.  Praying that their homes and they are all ok.  Agnes thank you for letting us know where they are from.  Gini if you hear more please update us.  And if there is anything we can do to help.

Joyce

from Maryland

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 170
Points 2,770

I have them in my prayers. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,801
Points 420,789
gini replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 12:50 AM

patti and steve are staying with friends, donna is in seattle and I haven't heard from marge.   911 is down in  many areas, both interstates were  down periodically, the fires are 0% contained.   our news station reported there were flames going 45 feet high.   the small town of Leavenworth where we had a couple of retreats is threatened.  we are supposed to get cooler, which lowers humidity, but the winds are going to pick up. 

for those of you not familiar with Washington state, you usually hear about rainy seattle.   eastern Washington, 2/3s of the state, is high desert. the cascade mt. range separates the two sides.   the change in air pressure from the cooler westside weather displaces the hot air on the east side, causing the winds.  there are some areas in eastern washington where the wind blows continually.   i am 5 hours east of patti, and we are getting heavy smoke here, i can just barely see across the river .  i can't imagine how bad the smoke must be there. well, bad enough to cause a 25 car pile up on the interstate. 

there are lots of fires north of us in british Columbia.   the town of Kelowna has 1000 homes being threatened right now.   this is a bit early for wildfires. it is going to be a long summer for the entire region if our weather stays this hot and dry. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,872
Points 181,818
Marie replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 7:23 AM

Please Lord, have mercy on those people!  What a tragedy!  My thoughts and prayers are with them all especially Patti, Donna and Marge P.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,347
Points 30,575
Agnes replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 8:46 AM

gini:
I haven't heard from marge

As of yesterday morning Marge posted this on one of the blogs on the other forum:

"We are at my daughters house on Cameron Lake Loup Rd_ had to go by way of Baldy Mtn to get to Omak. Had an appt with Surgeon this morning but got a call late last night he was not going to be in Omak today . Very long trip for nothing. Omak and okanogan are on level one evacuation. Pateros and Brewster have lost houses. Highway 97 is closed in several areas. I hear Patti 's area was hit hard but there are so many reports going around it is hard to know what is happening. Please pray not only for the Method Valley but ALL of Okanogan County. It is being blasted at the moment and is very scary. Daughter says reports are fires have covered 167,000 sq acres! Unbelievable" I haven't heard anything else so I assume she is still bunking with her daughter. Marge was scheduled for cataract surgery.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 35

All will be remembered at Mass this evening and in my prayers.

From A new member of Quilters Club of America

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 298
Points 4,875

So sad just thinking of all of them and the difficult situations they are in. Fires are terrifying and so destructive. Even if your house is spared, the landscape for miles around is barren, black, and easily flooded when rains come. Would be awful to return to the devastation area, especially if all your neighbors homes are gone. It does green-up again in time, but it's never the same with the trees burned. It takes a long time for newly planted reforestation to grow. Terrible mess for them all.

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,801
Points 420,789
gini replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 10:18 AM

the fire has grown overnight to 213,000 acres and is still 0% contained,   if the winds shift again, patti's home will be in harms way again.  stonger winds are expected today, it is cooler this morning but we will start to get hotter again.   at 300 miles east of the fires, the smoke haze is thick and the smell of smoke is strong here.  the town patti is closest to is destroyed, Malott, according to the news.   the pictures coming out of there are horrendous.  over 100 home destroyed

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,347
Points 30,575
Agnes replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 11:42 AM

From Marge P via email just minutes ago, copied just the way she sent it:

Hi sorry haven't written sooner ..feel free to post any and all on QATW and qca.  We are in motel in omak...I only brought my tablet so not going to worry about punctuation.  Was told this morning from a chilowist resident that pattis house was okay. Good friend Katie and rick ...lost their home. Rick has MS and they didn't need this at all! Have no news on our house..no power since Thursday and will be days/weeks.  Many houses lost from Carlton down to Pateros ..little town of maloo...near chilowist valley...is level 3  Just saw report that hiway 97 and 153 are open.don't know if we will go home to check or not. Talked to donnab yesterday. They had gone to get a connector for a generator to save their freezer stuff...had gone to Everett to get it...they were fine and they are aways from any danger unless a new fire breaks out.   Fire was approaching the bluffs across from our house yesterday.  We are 500 feet from county road. They were evacuating some twisp people last night as they figured if fire across from us continued south it could jump the river and endanger those homes. 

My addition: Marge's closest town is Twisp.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,533
Points 40,000
Linda replied on Sat, Jul 19 2014 2:15 PM

Makes some of our problems look small. Praying for them all.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,536
Points 48,680
Angele replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 3:57 PM

I assume things are stil pretty bad out thee in the Okanagan valley. On both sides of the border there are huge losses. Will pray for our friends.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 9,745
Joyce replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 5:41 PM

I feel so bad for all the people.  I was reading the post to my DH.  I have been praying for everyone.  Hope you are all safe and stay that way.  God Bless.

Joyce

Maryland

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 6:08 PM

My heart goes out to all of you and everyone in harms way. Being remembered in prayer.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,224
Points 38,435
Roxana replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 7:32 PM

Does anyone know about Kathy G? She lives in West Richland area.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,176
Points 15,260
Dawn replied on Sun, Jul 20 2014 7:49 PM

So very sorry to hear this!  Prayers for all!

Page 2 of 5 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.