rated by 0 users
This post has 29 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette Posted: Tue, Jul 1 2014 7:42 PM

Hello,

I joined OCA last year, but have been away  for awhile and thought I should reintroduce myself.

I am Nanette from Louisiana. I began quilting almost 2 years ago. I machine quilt and have GREAT admiration for those who hand quilt. I just don't have the patience at this point in my life, but maybe one day... I have completed 2 quilts and have a third that I am doing the binding on now. I have another one that I have the top completed and am about to begin the "sandwich" and then quilting it. I hope to have this one finished to give to my son for Christmas. Would love to hear from any fellow club members about your projects, hobbies, or what ever else we might find to chat about !!  :)

• | Post Points: 80
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 7:48 PM

Hi Nannete nice to see you on QCA.  That is great on your 3rd quilt.  Post pics if you can.  We love to see the photos.  I finished a queen size in April for my DGD who became a teen.  It was a trip around the world pattern and all sorts of bright colors.  

Welcome,

Joyce

from

Maryland

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Nannete, it is nice to meet you.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 8:03 PM

welcome back nanette

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 8:15 PM

Hi Joyce,

What is a trip around the worked pattern?  I have not heard of that one. I would love to see a picture of that quilt. Do you have one posted? I have a pic of my first quilt posted in my gallery. I hope to get some good pics of my other quilt soon and get it posted too. As soon as I finish the other quilts, I will post them too.  I love seeing other quilts. I just saw one I liked on Pintrest and hope to make that one for my son's girlfriend.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 8:17 PM

Hi Spudgrandma

Thanks, it's nice to meet you too.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 8:19 PM

Hi Gini,

Thanks for the welcome. I think I remember talking to you when I first joined last year. Looking forward to chatting with you!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 65
Points 1,295
Sherry replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 8:34 PM

Hi Nanette. I'm Sherry from Houston, Tx. Love reading everyone's posts and trying to respond more. 

Sherry

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 397
Points 5,305

Welcome back, Nanette,

I am from Colorado and have been quilting for more years than I can remember.  I am currently working on a table runner for 4th of July - finishing up the binding today.  I am also a member of the Applique Group and am working on the BOM - having a great time with that.  Hope we talk again soon.

Barbara

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 8:50 PM

Hi Nanette, glad to have you back, hope you post often.

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975

Welcome back. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,046
Points 369,177
Kris replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 11:21 PM

Welcome back Nanette.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 6:41 AM

Hi Sherry,

I'm glad to hear from you. Yes, reading everyone's posts is fun. I'm also looking to join some of the groups. Have any you would recommend?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 835
Nanette replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 6:47 AM

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for the welcome. Colorado is so beautiful. I visited there a few years ago and just loved the mountains. I haven't tried a table runner yet. My mom made one for Christmas and it was very nice. She's also fairly new to quilting. I tried applique by taking a class, but I struggled. I love the look of applique and will try it again soon. Maybe I should just work on my own and develop my own techinque. I'd love to see a picture of your table runner once it's finished.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,713
Points 248,452
Thea replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 8:51 AM

Hi Nanette. Trip around the World is a quilt that starts in the middle with a square of one color then you do rounds of different colors as you move out to the edge of the quilt.  You can do all the rounds in different colors or you can do patterns - like 6 different colors...

It is nice to see you back... Welcome...

I think I am on quilt somewhere near 300 - so many it is hard to remember them all - but then I am a self diagnosed quiltoholic.  I love all different kinds of quilting and will try anything.  I started doing all my quilts by hand and now because of arthritis I can't do that anymore so for a number of years now all my quilts from start to finish are done on my machine.  I needed a long time ago to do one project and finish it before I started a new one but that went by the wayside as I wanted to do them all now... Now I try very hard to finish one before I move on... easier said then done - I do finish most tops before moving on but doing the quilting takes me a little more preparation and have to make sure that I am strong enough physically to do the quilting... I have 2 right now sandwiched and hope to feel good enough this week to quilt them.

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use