Top 10 Posters

"A Quilters Lumberyard" A Scrap Management System" TM Copyright

Page 4 of 16 (228 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 227 Replies | 22 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Pat Lancaster:

I just called  Quilting Bee and ordered the pattern (more for the system than pattern, LOL), For whatever reason it is 20% off so the price is $6.40. I didn't think to ask how long the sale would be. If you are thinking of ordering it, this might be a real good time!

I didn't realize that they had their sale price on patterns too.  Thanks Pat for letting everyone know.  They are building a new place just around the block from their current location.  So I suppose they are working hard to lower their inventory, (less to move that way) and we "Snowbirds" are beginning to head home.

I hope you enjoy the system and have as much fun with it as I do!

By the way I guessed wrong on step five in MQ2 about the triangles.  Pat - 1   Patty - 0  LOL

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,477
Points 46,525

LOL! Patti I am not making any more guesses, except for myself, since it seems to spoil some of the gals fun. I have been too busy to make any guesses anyway. I was going to sew on Downey quilts tonight, but looks like MQ will take priority. Can you believe I forgot we'd get the next step today? Told you I was busy. LOL!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Here's the final of my Crazy Eight!  I call it Happily Ever After!  It's the charity quilt for an auction to raise funds to help with the medical bills for my cousin's MIL.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,338
Points 414,664
gini replied on Sun, Apr 18 2010 1:10 PM

and this is all from scrap management.    sweet    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 325
Points 5,577
Joanne replied on Sun, Apr 18 2010 1:19 PM

WOW, pretty scrappy if you ask me....nice work Snowbird.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Yes it is Gini -- The fabrics are left over pieces and some that date back to the 70's. 

I learned more about this system, making this quilt.  You'll notice I have several really dark pieces together!  That's a no no, in my opinion.   If I could do it over I'd take more time to place each block so each could stand on it's own and not rest next to a piece of the same color or value.

Anyway I like it!  Hope someone else will like it enough to buy it.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,338
Points 414,664
gini replied on Sun, Apr 18 2010 1:33 PM

patty, i like the darks clumped together, maybe they could be a little more balanced around the quilt,  but i think it is more interesting clumped    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,447
Points 361,732
Kris replied on Sun, Apr 18 2010 1:57 PM

Nice work Patty Mc.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

What a happy quilt, Patty!

Gillette, WY

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

I'll remember  "clumped"  Gini!  LOL

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,338
Points 414,664
gini replied on Sun, Apr 18 2010 9:32 PM

Snowbird Quilter:

I'll remember  "clumped"  Gini!  LOL

oh, i have a whole host of techniful words in my bag.  gini

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,809
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Sun, Apr 18 2010 9:37 PM

Clumps, clusters, groupings, whatever you want to call them, this is a cool quilt! I'm sure someone will buy it and appreciate what went into it :-)  Nice job, Patty Mc!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Mon, Apr 19 2010 7:38 AM

Patty Mc

Very pretty quilt.  I have been trying to remember to scrap manage all my new leftovers.  Haven't attempted to go thru the huge basketful under my sewing table....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,477
Points 46,525

Patti Mc, your scrappy turned out very pretty. I got the pattern, but just haven't had time to do much more than glance at it. If my son ever does my floor and I can get back in my sewing room maybe I can get organized. I like your clumpy groupings, LOL.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Patty,

Love your scrappy quilt.I'm sure someone will love this quilt. I bought the pattern, too but I can't start anything new til I start working on some of my UFO's.

North of Boston MA

Page 4 of 16 (228 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use