Page 3 of 16 (228 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 227 Replies | 22 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Thu, Apr 1 2010 8:53 AM

Sue, You won't know yourself when you move into your new home.  And you will love having all the windows for light when sewing.  Good luck on the interior finishing.  What is your deadline for move in??

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Thu, Apr 1 2010 9:15 AM

Hi Kathy,

I am hoping to be in by August.  We have a trip to Indiana for an RV rally, leaving Texas the last Tuesday in August and I want to have most, if not all, of the sewing room finished by then.  DH always makes me take the "stash" out of the trailer before we go on a trip so this is a really good reason to get it done! LOL  The AC guys are in the house now, doing the prelim work and will be back after we get the dry wall up, which I would like to have done by the end of May.  One of our neighbors was a drywall ( sheet rock as it is called here) finisher before retirement.  He is due back in the park the end of May and I'm hoping I can sweet talk him into doing the work for us. ROFLOL.

Sue

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Sue - tell him that if he helps you out, you can make him a quilt in your new sewing room--- which, of course, you can't do until you have dry wall up.  

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 33,860

Oh my goodness Sue, you're house is going up so quickly!

This is a great topic. I have two laundry hamper full of scraps. AFTER the house design is finished (two weeks) and it's built (builder says six months, we estimate 9) maybe I'll have time to organize mine and sew them up. Pat Sloan does a neat thing with strips sewn into strips and set with plain strips between. I need something brainless like that.

~Jodie

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

Is there a book with this system described in it or is it only available in a class?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Thu, Apr 1 2010 4:19 PM

Oh my goodness Sue, you're house is going up so quickly!

Now it is Jodie!  Took us TWO years to work on a design/floor plan we both could live with!  This is the fun? part. LOL

Sue

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Thu, Apr 1 2010 4:27 PM

Marge, he can make his own quilt!  He does the piecing, then I have to finish it for him.  Last year he put his quilt in our guilds' show.  He did all the piecing by himself.  He has a second quilt started, (last May!) course now that he is building, the quilt will have to wait.

Here's a picture of his quilt.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

I talked to Arizona today. Just like next door. I ordered the Quilters Lumberyard pattern and it should be here next week. Cool!

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Sue,,,,your DH quilt is beautiful. I wish my DH would try. He loves my sewing machine and likes to watch it when it is embroidering. He has great color sense and he's fun to take stash shopping b/c he'll see something that I wouldn't have looked at twice but I bring it home and it becomes a focal point in a project. He's a musician so that's where his artistic soul lives but maybe someday I'll get him to the quilting side.

North of Boston MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Pat Lancaster:

Is there a book with this system described in it or is it only available in a class?

Right now Pat there is one pattern that explains the Lumberyard System.  The girls are talking about a book, but, that is in the future.  I promise to let all of you know when and where it will be available.

Also there are classes.  Most here in Arizona.  The girls are one of the Traveling Teachers for the Arizona Quilt Quild.  I know they are teaching a class in Fresno, Ca. within the next couple of weeks.

Earlier in this thread are the phone numbers for three stores that have the pattern.  I understand it's now $8.00.  I was wrong about the price before.  SORRY.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Diane Morgan:

I talked to Arizona today. Just like next door. I ordered the Quilters Lumberyard pattern and it should be here next week. Cool!

I'm so glad you had good luck and nice people to order the pattern from.  Please do enjoy.  And use your imagination.  You will learn to look at other patterns and see the Lumberyard dimensions.

It's just a great way to use those scraps. 

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Here are two pictures, one of a table runner one of our quilting group made this week using the Lumberyard System of Scraps and the other my Crazy Eight top that I made in a few days.  You real time sewer's would make this in one day.

The Table Runner.  It is made with one seam flying geese.  I understand you can find the pattern on the Internet.  She used  2 - 2 x 2's and 1 - 2 x 4 in each goose. 

And my Crazy Eight.  I used 2 darks, 1 medium, and 5 lights.  All 2 x 4's.  The block layout is 5 x 7.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Apr 1 2010 9:33 PM

Patty Mc

Those are very pretty.  I really like the quilt top.  I kind of reminds me of some of the Turning Twenty patterns.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Fri, Apr 2 2010 12:04 AM

thanks patty for the pictures.  i really like the flying geese.  gini

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

I just called  Quilting Bee and ordered the pattern (more for the system than pattern, LOL), For whatever reason it is 20% off so the price is $6.40. I didn't think to ask how long the sale would be. If you are thinking of ordering it, this might be a real good time!

Page 3 of 16 (228 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use