"A Quilters Lumberyard" A Scrap Management System" TM Copyright

Page 2 of 16 (228 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 227 Replies | 22 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Nana:  I worked on my scraps last summer.  I had them sorted into colors so I just took one color and sorted into fat quarters and "Lumberyarded" the rest.  I still have several to go.  It works though.  Since I worked part of my youth, that is after I had four kids, in a lumber store the dimensions come easy to me.

Dimples:  I also made a "Boo" house for the Ugly Fabric Block Quilt.  Had to add to the haunted witch story.  LOL  Hope you find this new scrap system helpful.

Helen:  My last response was to you.  Sorry I must have had a "clicker"  moment.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,606
Points 178,433
Marie replied on Tue, Mar 30 2010 1:36 PM

Snowbird Quilter:
There is a pattern out called "Glowing Crazy Eights"  By Cheryl Coffman and Patty Bowers.  That pattern uses 2 x 4's.  with the 1/2 seam allowance. 

Patty, thanks for all this info, maybe someday I'll get organized enough to use it.  lol  I'm going to look for the pattern by Coffman/Bowers, sounds like something I'd like to make.  I read ahead of this post and really like the sample square, thanks for sharing.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Marie:
I'm going to look for the pattern by Coffman/Bowers,

If you don't find it let me know.  I'll get one to you.  The pattern describes the system.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,606
Points 178,433
Marie replied on Tue, Mar 30 2010 2:02 PM

Snowbird Quilter:
If you don't find it let me know.  I'll get one to you.  The pattern describes the system.

Thanks Patty, I checked Amazon and can't find it, is it an old book?

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Nope!  It has been printed by the girls and probably is only available here in Yuma, AZ at the quilt shops or in Burns, Or., at this point.  It is a single pattern. Easy to mail if you want one.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 817
Points 16,275
Sue replied on Tue, Mar 30 2010 10:12 PM

I'd like to have the pattern.  I'll friend you so you will have my address.  This will be a great first quilt in my new sewing room!  Just the thing to use up scraps of fabric! LOL

Thanks,

Sue in Texas

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

coming home in 10 days...and in the mail...what will be waiting for me but a pattern!!! whoopie...can hardly wait to start organizing my scraps...thank you so much of the pattern

Ontario, Canada

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Helen Bell:
thank you so much

Better wait to thank me till after you see it!  LOL

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Sue:
great first quilt

It's on it's way!  How's that sewing room and house coming by the way?

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Snowbird, I friended you. Could I get the quilters lumberjack pattern, too? How do we pay you?

North of Boston MA

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 817
Points 16,275
Sue replied on Wed, Mar 31 2010 4:15 PM

Thanks so much Snowbird,

House is coming along great!  check out the blog I made for it (http://jsconstructionupdate.blogspot.com/ ).  The shell is done, now it's up to DH and me to finish the interior.  DH has almost all the electrical done and I'm working on the insulation.  Next week, our neighbor will help DH with the plumbing.  Once I have a water connection on the outside, I can work on painting the outside.

Here's what the outside looks like now.  The lighter color at the peak is the color it will be when all painted.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Diane Morgan:

Snowbird, I friended you. Could I get the quilters lumberjack pattern, too? How do we pay you?

I've ran out of patterns, Sorry.  You can buy one from the local Yuma Quilt Stores.  I talked with Patty Bowers today and she suggested that I give you these two numbers.  They have gone back to the printers for another run. 

Log Cabin Quilts   Telephone # 928 344 3800  I know they have patterns still in stock.

Quilting Bee  Telephone # 928 726 3000

Be sure to ask for "The Quilter's Lumberyard"  Glowing Crazy Eights.  They were selling for about $7.00 each.  Just have your credit card handy!  LOL

If they are out try

Country Lane Quilts in Oregon  Telephone #541 573 6406   

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Wed, Mar 31 2010 10:21 PM

Sue, your house is wonderful! I love the porch!

Gillette, WY

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 817
Points 16,275
Sue replied on Wed, Mar 31 2010 10:30 PM

Thank you Judy, so do we!  We've been eating lunch on the porch every day, watching the birds.  Now that the trees are leafing out we will have afternoon shade too.

By the way, my new sewing room will be on the front corner opposite from the door, with two windows, one on the front and one on the side.  Lots of light.

Sue

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Wed, Mar 31 2010 10:35 PM

Sue:
By the way, my new sewing room will be on the front corner opposite from the door, with two windows, one on the front and one on the side.  Lots of light.

How cool is that! You're going to have the best light and a great view.

Gillette, WY

Page 2 of 16 (228 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use