Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 95 of 184 (2757 items) « First ... < Previous 93 94 95 96 97 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,756 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Sun, Aug 17 2014 3:09 PM

Marsha,

I really like your quilt. Adding another border like Thea suggested is a good idea. You'll be happier with the quilt if it's the size you want. If it's already quilted, you can still add the border. Not hard. Done it before and suggested a friend do it to a couple of her quilts. She even took the binding off one so she could add another border. I used the serger to add it.  You could consider adding a strip of fabric to the top or bottom of the quilt to make it longer or see if turning the backing sideways would work.  The pattern is adorable.  I always fold my fabric selvage to selvage and get it to hang straight on the grain, then get cut the ends to get a straight edge. Even scrappy binding would look neat on this one. I know whatever you decide it'll be just perfect.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Sun, Aug 17 2014 3:12 PM

Ramona:

Marsha,

I really like your quilt. Adding another border like Thea suggested is a good idea. You'll be happier with the quilt if it's the size you want. If it's already quilted, you can still add the border. Not hard. Done it before and suggested a friend do it to a couple of her quilts. She even took the binding off one so she could add another border. I used the serger to add it.  You could consider adding a strip of fabric to the top or bottom of the quilt to make it longer or see if turning the backing sideways would work.  The pattern is adorable.  I always fold my fabric selvage to selvage and get it to hang straight on the grain, then get cut the ends to get a straight edge. Even scrappy binding would look neat on this one. I know whatever you decide it'll be just perfect.

SORRY, the computer messed up and I thought it lost the previous note that I was in the middle of.  Sorry for the "almost" duplicate posting. LOL

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 40,845
ls2116 replied on Sun, Aug 17 2014 6:50 PM

I'm working on piecing my row by row.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,598
Points 26,880
Debbie replied on Sun, Aug 17 2014 8:25 PM

Some of the lsdies at church and I are going to start making quilts for charity, so I dug out the red, white and black charms and almost have it done up.  Made it 9 patch and then split it down middle bith ways and sewing back together.  Have some red and black for a border and enough left from thr blocks to make another border.  will be a lap quilt.  

Feels good to be sewing again.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,931
Points 33,590
Roxana replied on Sun, Aug 17 2014 8:53 PM

Debbie:

... so I dug out the red, white and black charms and almost have it done up.  Made it 9 patch and then split it down middle bith ways and sewing back together.  

Be certain to show us a picture of the completed quilt. That's a great idea. I forgot I even had those charms!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,931
Points 33,590
Roxana replied on Sun, Aug 17 2014 8:54 PM

Carol and Debbie, I love your quilts. Great job!

Thea, I agree with someone else, you get more accomplished than I could dream of attempting!

Have a great week, everyone! I love how you all inspire me!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,931
Points 33,590
Roxana replied on Sun, Aug 17 2014 8:56 PM

ls2116:

I'm working on piecing my row by row.

Is, how many rows have you finished? I just finished one and then had to turn my attention to other projects! I'll try to get back to it tomorrow though.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,598
Points 26,880
Debbie replied on Sun, Aug 17 2014 9:43 PM

Here's the top, with borders alongside.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,912
Points 124,870

I like this Debbie. One of these days I'm going to make a red scrappy. Or a QOV

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,931
Points 33,590
Roxana replied on Sun, Aug 17 2014 10:03 PM

Love it, Debbie. So it was just a split 9-patch with the red, white, and black charms? Wow, that swap seems like ages ago but I know it was just last summer! And where did this summer go? It just flew on by!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,239
Points 19,235
weezee56 replied on Sun, Aug 17 2014 11:01 PM

Debbie very pretty.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,239
Points 19,235
weezee56 replied on Sun, Aug 17 2014 11:04 PM

DEAR Love the Red White and Black.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,890
Points 69,145
Bonita replied on Mon, Aug 18 2014 5:15 AM

Love it Debbie. Great use of the squares. I used some of the B&W squares to finish up my DD puff quilt. Still have all the R&W ones.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 894
Points 16,935

Very nice, Debbie! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,679
Points 248,642
Thea replied on Mon, Aug 18 2014 8:05 AM

Debbie, - Sweet - I love simple red white and black quilts - they look so good and I love this one - the polka dots peaking through on different blocks - sweet.  There was a yellow black and white quilt done a couple years ago - similar to this that is one that just catches your eye.  I truly love your eye candy this morning.  thank you!

I didn't get any quilting done yesterday and felt so guilty about snoozing the day away that I finished up my ornaments that I had done a week ago.  I am not sure if I will be able to sew again today.  I truly get upset so much when I wake and know that the day is going to be a bust from the start.  I usually know right away if the pain is normal or extreme and yesterday was an extreme day - today is almost as bad but am on the mend - always on the mend - gets so so old.  I will post my ornaments over in CAYL on the thread set up for them.  

I am still hopeful as it is still early that I might get to that quilt that is becoming a kitty bed on my sewing machine - they like to nest - but I don't like the kitty hairs so try hard to not leave one like that very often... but truly am unsure if I will be able to sit over there today.  Yesterday I just dozed all day - I think the body needed to rest and have me asleep so it could repair all the damage it had done to itself.  

Anyway, today is going to be a hot hot hot day here in Oklahoma - and I am sending some of that warmth to all of you!

Page 95 of 184 (2757 items) « First ... < Previous 93 94 95 96 97 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use