Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 80 of 216 (3230 items) « First ... < Previous 78 79 80 81 82 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,229 Replies | 56 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,323
Points 373,207
Kris replied on Sun, Aug 3 2014 5:33 PM

Judy Taylor-Bellingham:
I made a new block with a lighter background and replaced the baby blue fabric with a deep blue, which is also in the floral fabric.

Judy I like this better. I like it without the corner triangles too but I suppose it would look good when all the blocks are together. (I should probably look at the pattern from the link you posted).

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,387
Points 29,300

Judy Taylor-Bellingham:
The light blue takes center stage and the floral ends up looking muddy. 

Judy, I personally I like your colors.  I don't really like white in such big pieces, but saying that, I have to make 2 quilts next year with lots of white (both MQ 8s).  Also made one this year with natural muslin (also MQ 8).  

White will make the floral stand out better and maybe make the blue less dominant.  I really like this block.  Thanks for the link.  I am going to get the pattern now.

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,169
Points 129,585

Marsha-SM:
Thanks for the link.  I am going to get the pattern now.

Thanks Marsha. I was really pleased with how easily the pattern went together. I didn't get all the points perfect but they were perfect enough for me.  I'm with you about not using white on big pieces and I've never made a quilt with lots of white.  I sit here looking at the two blocks. I like the 2nd block very much but now am wondering if I wouldn't like it even more if I'd used the slightly darker background that I used on the first block. Ahh, I could over think this thing and drive myself right around the bend.

Phooey, I'm going to make a third block with the blues from the 2nd block and the background from the 1st block. 

And, Kris, here's a picture of the pattern. You can see the corner triangles, with the sashing blocks, are needed.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,323
Points 373,207
Kris replied on Sun, Aug 3 2014 6:14 PM

Thanks Judy. I visited the site and have downloaded this. I like the little shoo fly block in the secondary pattern.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,270
Points 19,920

Judy, I like the second block best. The first block was nice. Thank you for the info on the free pattern, I downloaded it too.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,512
Points 48,305
Angele replied on Sun, Aug 3 2014 8:06 PM

Judy I like your second block. I think your white background makes your flower print stand out more.

thank you for the pattern. I saved it.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,610
Points 418,129
gini replied on Sun, Aug 3 2014 8:11 PM

judy,  I liked the first block better, the blues don't run together

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,640
Deb replied on Sun, Aug 3 2014 8:29 PM

Judy, I like both of your blocks, the darker fabric does like really good though.

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,270
Points 19,920

Please give me your thoughts. A friend wants me to make him a quilt with the main colors to be black and red. The pattern he picked is called Heart and Soul . It has one larger start in the middle and I think eight smaller stars. I made a example for him but didn't have the colors I wanted to use. The middle lt blue I wanted lt gray. and the gray squares a darker gray. Tell me what you think.

This is the pattern.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,169
Points 129,585

gini:

I'm thinking of using the light blue in the corners. Might give some pop. I'll know better when I have several blocks and sashing to put up the wall.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,169
Points 129,585

weezee56:
This is the pattern.

Weezee56. Can't help you with colors, can barely figure out my own! LOL. But I love that pattern. It will awesome in blacks and reds. I do agree with you that gray would be much better than blue.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 555
Points 11,600
tnmtgrl replied on Mon, Aug 4 2014 7:00 AM

weezee56:
Please give me your thoughts

Hi Weezee....what about this color combo..........

or this

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,777
Points 245,587
Thea replied on Mon, Aug 4 2014 7:24 AM

Judy, Your blues both stand on their own now - the values are much closer.  The floral piece does not look that dark now and the flowers are seeable.  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,270
Points 19,920

Thank you Jen I will ask him what he thinks.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,387
Points 29,300

gini:

Judy,you must have posted the second block while I was commenting on the first.  I think I would like to see the first with white and the second with the darker background, but I don't think that will help that combination.  I do agree with Gini that the blues are too much alike in the 2nd block.  You need more contrast between them.

Marsha - Western New York

Page 80 of 216 (3230 items) « First ... < Previous 78 79 80 81 82 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use