Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 74 of 140 (2093 items) « First ... < Previous 72 73 74 75 76 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,092 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,560
Points 246,157
Thea replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 7:48 PM

Patricia - you have been very busy - love always looking at your work.  

Ma Ma G - I thought you weren't making anymore quilts as you were leaving on vacation - but very sweet and as previously said - your friend will love it.

Deb - cute bead quilt.

Diane, great quilt great fat quarters...

Have a couple things to share today... well maybe a few!  I am sick - went to church yesterday and someone must have been carrying a bug because I have it - have slept on and off most of the day after working outside for a little while and going down bad... sugar drops quick in people that are hypoglycemic - wasn't sure if I would make it back in the house - did... but that was the end of any productivity today...

I did sit outside for a while yesterday and got Mr Squirrel enjoying one of the must be tart Pears from my Pear tree... normally he is high up in the tree and I can't see him but guess he decided to share his prize with me rather then try to drop pieces on me this time... it is a Pear mine field under the tree...

I did get Dog Park finished yesterday - it was just waiting for me to do the hand part of the binding - so it is all finished and hung at the top of the stairs to the back living room.  My arms hurt bad today - always amazes me - I use them every day but because of my RA they just ache and ache when I do anything like hand sewing on a binding...

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,183
Points 18,165
weezee56 replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 8:09 PM

Thea, Dog Park looks great, love the pictures of Mr. Squirrel. I have several squirrels in my back yard. I love watching them eat.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 8:28 PM

Weezee, your row by row looks great. I'm curious, were the rows on a kit or did you pick your own colours?

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 8:29 PM

Tami I love your black and white quilt. So much fun and energy!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 9:02 PM

Agnes and Thea, you both have an eye to capture special moments with your camera! The cardinals are so cute and the water bomber reminded me of the last fire around here when they came to Rainy Lake to fill up.  Always an eerie feeling yo se them fly so low and then drop their water in one smooth swoop.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 9:06 PM

Very nice quilt . Lots of fun MammaG.

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

Agnes that is gorgeous.  

Yes, yes I did make another quilt made this Folklore Charm Quilt for my friend who is fighting thru chemo. 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 9:08 PM

Very nice quilt Dishdash. From what I can see in the bag, it looks very nice for your next project.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 9:14 PM

Everything looks great Patricia! I like your hinting bag, and the idea of using snaps. Your  needle books are neat too. I am now very curious to see what the other members of your group did as wall hanging. Yours really looks nice.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 9:16 PM

Deb tour quilt will be so much fun for a child!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 9:18 PM

Thea your furry friend is really enjoying his pear. Your dog park quilt is stunning. I do love Makenna Ryan's quilts and you do justice to each one you have done.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,183
Points 18,165
weezee56 replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 10:31 PM

Angele, Thank you. The only kit I purchased was the Fall leaves and I purchased the orange pumpkin fabric for the two pumpkin rows. Everything else I had. I tried to match the colors that were used in the patterns. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 381
Points 8,545
didash replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 10:42 PM

Agnes - Just love all of the work you do!! You are such an inspiration.  What a difference between the 2 wall quilts! Gorgeous!

Weezee - Congrats on your Row by Row win! Love the quilt!

Donna - Really like the Folklore Charm quilt...your friend will truly appreciate it.  We always took a blanket (before I started quilting) when my husband went for chemo and he was always wrapped in blankets or throws after getting home.  When I catch up on all the quilts I need to make for gifts, "new" winter home, etc, I plan to make some quilts to donate to the local infusion center for the chemo patients.

Patricia Faye - Wonderful work as always...the bunting is absolutely adorable!  The Art quilt project sounds interesting and like a lot of fun. Like what you did with your hanging :)

Deb - Great job adapting the beadwork pattern!! Soooo flippin' cute!

Thea - I am so impressed with your Dog Park!!!  I'll make you a deal....I'll do your handwork on your bindings if you'll do some of my quilting!  One of my favorite parts of the process is doing that final hand sewing of the binding (I did it by machine once and really disliked the way it turned out).

Thanks for the comments on my Row by Row.  It was a fun project - got to see lots of shops that I probably never would have visited otherwise.  Making the quilt truly was a learning experience for this new quilter....first time for machine applique, first time doing log cabin and churn dash blocks, first attempt at thread painting, first time using the alphabet stitches on my machine, first time for a "crazy quilt" block, first time making yo yos, and first time "embellishing" a quilt. Additionally, some of the shops' patterns had errors in the directions and I had to figure out how to make the blocks/rows come out to the right size... I had been referring to the quilt as my "Learning Curve Quilt" but after typing out this list of "firsts" I should probably call it "My Quilt of Firsts"! LOL!  And yes, the fat quarters really are beautiful - much nicer than many of the shops I visited were offering.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 381
Points 8,545
didash replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 11:05 PM

Weezee - Too funny!  I only purchased 1 kit also (from my local shop that I had the winning quilt for)...all the rest was from my rapidly growing stash and scraps - even the backing!!  Felt good to use up some of what I had on-hand!!  Waiting to hear the explosion this week when my box comes from Craftsy on Wed...I took advantage of their big sale and purchased some boxes or FQs and yardage cuts.  With at least 60% off, I couldn't resist!  My DH is going to hit the ceiling!  I'll post a pic when it comes...I got 28 yds of fabric, some charm packs, a quilt kit, and 50 FQ for $200. :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,560
Points 246,157
Thea replied on Tue, Jul 29 2014 7:38 AM

Diane, Thank you for the complement.  I don't mind doing my handwork - It keeps me in my chair to watch the whole race or a whole movie when I do it.  It doesn't take me very long - I learned at a very early age the blind hem stitch for doing hems on my clothing as a child so it really doesn't take me that long to do it... just right now the next few days afterwards tells the tale of the different muscles and ligaments that are used moving that quilt around in my lap to position it for hand sewing.  But if you are closer I wouldn't mind helping you with your quilting - although I don't think I am very good at it... somedays are better then others - I do all spur of the moment designs - I actually did mark my blue and white quilt with butterflies but didn't worry too much if I was inside or outside of my marks.  I am not entering any of my quilts in a quilt show so until I design and make one of my own for a quilt show this is as good as they get...:)  I do a meandering on my McKenna Ryan quilts - it appears to highlight the applique and some of the applique pieces I quilt on too - but not all.  DH gave me a great complement on this one... He came up the stairs and saw it and although he had seen it over and over as I was working on it he told me that this one looks fantastic now that I have it all quilted and hung.  He said I did an awesome job in his opinion.  He has no idea how much his wonderful words thrilled my heart and made me smile from ear to ear that my DH loves the work that I do.  

I know today I probably won't be able to sit at my sewing machine at all.  We have a huge storm system moving in to the area and it is supposed to be here with bad storms all day tomorrow - I woke this morning with horrendous pains in the pelvic and lower back area.  I still made myself get up and do my morning chores - but those are standing upright for the most part - no bending over - but picking up the critters dishes was felt completely.  I have to go down 3 stairs into our garage to go outside and get our one cat that mostly lives outside and those stairs are mean to my body...(the cat that lives outside is a feral/domestic cat... about 10 years ago someone on the street behind us moved and left their two cats behind - by the time Skittles is what we call him came around us he was not in a good way.  He had probably been a domestic cat from birth and had been neutered but when they left they just left him and another to fend for themselves.  my cats allowed Skittles in our yard and eventually our home but the other one they wouldn't let near us... It took my son and I about 2 months to gain Skittles trust - we went through the long stages of putting food out by itself and then putting it out but sitting about 10' away at first and each day moving closer until we were able to touch him - it slowly progressed till one day my son was able to pick him up - then after about another week we were able to get him into a carrier and to the vet - he had some horrific viral kitty infections - but he was treated and it is about 10-11 years later and he is doing fine but when the weather is good he will not stay inside - he comes in for the 2 meals we prepare and then is usually right back outside... in the frigid winter and when the heat like it was for a few days unbearably hot we keep him inside and he doesn't complain too much...He is a beautiful big gray tabby and if you can touch him he will just purr and purr...

One of the things that really upsets me is when people get pets but don't realze that they are a responsibility and you can't just drop them out in the country or walk away and leave them behind.  It is a deep responsibility - just like having children or getting married...but I won't get on my soap box today...

I am hopeful today that as the day progresses that I might have a window where the pain eases up and I can sit at my sewing room - those flying geese won't get done until I do them... I wish I could twinkle my nose - or pull on my ear lobe  - or knock my cane on the floor and watch them magically be done... but that would be no fun ... (sometimes maybe)  But I am hopeful as I know that I usually have a short window when the pain meds are fully kicked in to do something... at least so far today my stomach is settled... 

Oh I hate getting old - I love the wisdom of my years but want that athletic young body back... Dreaming...

Have a wonderful quilty day all!  

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 289
Points 4,710

Diane: "My DH is going to hit the ceiling!  I'll post a pic when it comes..." Will the photo be of the box of goodies or of your DH's reaction when it arrives???  LOL

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Page 74 of 140 (2093 items) « First ... < Previous 72 73 74 75 76 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use