Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 7 of 184 (2757 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,756 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,912
Points 124,870

I worked on a couple projects today. Finishing up Candle mat swap blocks. And, took out a paper piecing project I put aside a couple years ago. It's from the book  Seascapes by Cheryl Peck. Unfortunately, I picked a sky fabric that is very directional and it is giving me fits. That's part of the reason I put it aside after the first 3 blocks. I didn't have much better luck with the 4th block called Coastal Bridges. But it is what it is  after working on it nearly all day,  I like the Blue Crab block better. The last three photos are the blocks I made a couple years ago and set aside. Not sure if I'll continue; may just set it aside for another couple years.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 297
Points 4,855

Agnes, I really like your quilt, and I think it's even better as the smaller version! Nice work!!

Judy,  the pp blocks are nice, but can imagine the directional fabric is making it tough. The class I took warned us about them, and stripes! Maybe you can turn the blocks you have into a little patio table topper. They would look cute out there, and you might not feel guilt for not finishing any more. I've decided that for the rest of my life I'm not going to waste good time making things that aren't turning out well, or I just plain don't like! haha.

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,025
Points 369,882
Kris replied on Fri, Jun 6 2014 1:34 AM

Judy nice work on the blocks.

I haven't done any sewing this week.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Fri, Jun 6 2014 10:01 AM

SpringerMom:
Agnes, I really like your quilt, and I think it's even better as the smaller version! Nice work!!

Thanks to you and everyone else who commented on my quilt. The reason the border came off is because I just didn't like it that way. The borders will be wonderful in a row quilt. I have a bin with them and any of the other fabric in it for another throw.

Judy--directional fabric can be a real pain. Block designs are so cute.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,870

Today is clue #4. And the quilting part off sons crochet quilt. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Fri, Jun 6 2014 2:09 PM

After never really liking to do applique I think I have found my answer. I used Wonder Under, no fighting with the paper first, and then with the blanket stitch on the machine I stitched it down. It went beautifully. Can you believe I've had the machine that I purchased to get the stitch for almost 18 months and still I was dragging my feet. I like the stitching so much better than any satin stitch I have ever done. Now I'm waiting on backing fabric to complete this wall hanging, just over 20" square.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,870

Very nice Agnes.  Isn't that the bass clef symbol?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Fri, Jun 6 2014 4:24 PM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

Very nice Agnes.  Isn't that the bass clef symbol?

Thank you, Donna. Yes, it is the bass clef symbol. The fellow who requested the wall hanging is a bass guitar player. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,239
Points 19,235

Agnes very nice applique.

Here is my Clue #4 for MSQC MQ

Mamag I saw your Clue #4 looks very nice.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,239
Points 19,235

Agnes, your MQ is very pretty.

Deb your quilt will be very pretty.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,239
Points 19,235

Judy T-Bellingham:
the book  Seascapes by Cheryl Peck.

The the blocks have have so far look great, and very hard.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,870

Lol WeeZee didn't think you'd see them on there. Can't believe we only have two more clues. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,640
Deb replied on Fri, Jun 6 2014 6:37 PM

Judy, your blocks are fantastic!!

Agnes, I'm gonna have to keep that wonder under in mind for when I decide to try appliqué ! Like your bass cleft!

Weezee, thanks! :)

the MQ blocks are looking good!

I'm putting binding on a quilt tonight, hoping I can finish it..

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,239
Points 19,235

I look forward to the clues each week. When this one is over I'll start on the McCall Quilt Along call the Studio Sampler. I might start it before the other is done. Anyway. They call theirs lessons instead of clues not a mystery but I like the blocks they are using. QNNTV.com has the videos you need to down load the lessons from their website. Here is the link if you are interested. 

http://www.mccallsquilting.com/studiosampler?utm_source=MCQNL&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MCQNL_20140506

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,890
Points 69,145
Bonita replied on Sat, Jun 7 2014 11:29 AM

Judy, love the blocks, don't hide them away.

Agnes, great block, love the crisp look to it.

Good luck on the MQ ladies.

I spent all morning yesterday sewing on Girl Scout patches on DGD Daisy  vest. Why the leader waited to give them out in one bunch is beyond me. Give them as they earn them , makes it a lot easier on the Grandma who has to sew them all on, LOL

• | Post Points: 50
Page 7 of 184 (2757 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use