Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 6 of 185 (2774 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,773 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,240
Points 19,255
weezee56 replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 12:18 PM

tnmtgrl:
I got 1 row of Chloe's quilt done today.
I love the colors you have used, your quilting looks great.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 505
Points 10,210
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 1:56 PM

Pat Lancaster:
Finally I took a Craftsy class with Leah Day. She has the same machine as I have and said she used Issacord thread for everything and never has a problem. Horrors! It is a poly thread and we all know the Quilt Police say you can't use poly thread on cotton fabric. Well, Leah does so I gave it a try. That ended my breakage issues.

I have a Janome 1600p-QC and I tried CT thread when I first got it and after seeing Leah Day online I also use Issacord now and it solved all my problems too.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 505
Points 10,210
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 1:59 PM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

Love it Jen. Do have a long/mid arm or is this free motion?

Thanks Donna, I have a Janome 1600p-QC, it's free motion....I am just learning...I am a hand quilter at heart, but I wanted to be able to produce more than one large quilt a year.

newport, tennessee

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 505
Points 10,210
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 2:03 PM

weezee56:
I love the colors you have used, your quilting looks great.

Thanks weezee56, I am just learning to free motion, I am not quite comfortable with it yet but I am persisting and using my grandchildren for practice.

newport, tennessee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935

Kris:
I bought some Isacord at MQX but haven't tried it yet. If my new machine ever gets here I'll let you know what I think.

I bought cones and it has lasted a long time. I don't remember how much I paid for it, but I did compare prices with other poly threads and the Issacord had the best price I found at that time.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 5:30 PM

Finally managed to borrow back my latest finish so I could get some photos taken. This was a mystery quilt through Connecting Threads forum. First is the top, with a bit of change on my part. Then I removed the outer border and finished the rest as a small throw.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,640
Deb replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 6:11 PM

Jen, your quilt is lovely! I admire your bravey to free- motion! And it looks great!

Agnes , your quilt is fantastic !! I love it when I see posted pictures!

This is what I was working on today. Need to make some more blocks. I just made some to lay out to see if I liked the color combo.

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,900

Jen I am a hand quilter at heart also, but my eye sight is really getting bad so I decided to finally learn how to machine quilt.  My free motion is very limited.  Like straight lines and the e circles.  I cannot master the meandering stipple so I got that free motion practice thingy online .  So far so good.  Will see how it translates onto the fabric.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,900

Agnes the quilt is gorgeous.  I'm not usually a green person but this pattern really accents the green came perfectly love it.  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,900

Holy moly Deb this looks like a king size quilt.  Love the blocks and the color coordination.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,640
Deb replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 6:32 PM

Lol!! Just full size! Glad you like it! :)

Deb

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,900

Deb good for you the next quilt I'm making is a twin size and paper pieced.  I'm really nervous about it but have to graduate sooner or later.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,640
Deb replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 6:48 PM

I have full confidence that you ll do a beautiful job!! Post some pictures when you can .. I'll be delighted to see them!!

Deb

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,900

Thanks Deb I have 3 UFO's to finish first but my hubby has grounded me from  shopping  for two weeks and I need Batting and backing.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 505
Points 10,210
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 7:12 PM

Agnes and Deb GREAT quilts!! They both have awesome fabrics.

newport, tennessee

Page 6 of 185 (2774 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use