Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 57 of 188 (2810 items) « First ... < Previous 55 56 57 58 59 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,809 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 7:04 AM

Oh my everyone has been chatty since I was on last..  I had  to go  back to ER as my pain was uncontrollable at home..  They feel that I have some nerve injury just below my knee since it is impossible to touch certain areas without excruciating pain.  They put me on 2 different pain pills to alternate every 2 hours.  Well I did that but then started heaving everything that I put down.  One of the pills didn't agree with me and I had to discontinue it.   Now I am just spending most of my time in bed sleeping.  

There will be no quilting done for now.  That upsets me as  was working on a quilt for my nephew and his new wife. 

Oh my, I have to go lay down due t the nausea.  Talk again when able.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 7:17 AM

SpringerMom:
Saw you and your "granny" cart on the other forum... it really holds a lot! Wonder if Agnes has anything like that.

Springermom--Yes, I have a granny cart. Don't know what I'd do without it. I made a denim liner for mine. This accomplishes two things. I don't need to bag items to avoid them falling through the holes and it avoids some of the busybodies making comment on what I eat.  Thirdly it's a lot easier to pack the items separately than the bags of stuff. I shop into mine rather than the store carts. That way I know when to cut off the shopping for either weight or space reasons. I have hauled home both a printer and a sewing machine in mine. In both cases I had to unpack the item because the box with all the packing wouldn't fit. I seem to be the only shopper with a cart in the relatively small community I call home. The clerks at the grocery store at first didn't know what to make of me and my cart. Now I get a lot of positive feedback. Just to complete the small town scene. I will get a photo soon of the two "Senior Crossing" signs where one has to cross the highway so you can see the traffic coming up the hill and doing a curve at the same time.

Today's plan is to get the matching cushions for Dashing Through the Snow quilted. I put in the final stitch last night at 11 pm. No photo available until I get it washed tomorrow. Laundry room is supposed to be off limits on Sunday.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 7:32 AM

I took a few days to put the nose to the grindstone. I was just so eager to get my quilt done that I didn't tale time for the forum. All I can say is there have been some very busy people producing all those beautiful projects. Keep sewing. I love to see all the beautiful work.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 506
Points 10,245
tnmtgrl replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 7:42 AM

got the top done except for borders, I am undecided about the size of the borders so I think I will take the top to my friends house so I can see it on her bed then maybe it will come to me....

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,916
Points 41,010
ls2116 replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 9:01 AM

tnm the top looks great looks like a fun one to make, and good idea to seeit on your friends bed!

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 10:45 AM

Judy love your Halloween wall hanging.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,037
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 11:35 AM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:
Finished sewing the quilt top

It's lovely.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,640
Deb replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 11:36 AM

Judy, I chuckled when I saw your quilt! Looks like that spider scared the kitties almost right out of their fabric skins!! Nice work! :)

Mamags, so simple and so pretty!! Love those fabrics !

Ginny, I feel bad that you are in so much pain!! Praying that your recovery will be QUICK! Sending a soft hug your way!

Agnes, "Laundry room is supposed to be off limits on Sunday." Does that mean you might try to sneak in if you could get the chance?! Lol

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230

Thanks Kris, Deb and Weezee. This was such a fun project even though it is only July. Next I will work on a winter wall hanging and then one for spring. These hang outside our front door.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 11:46 AM

Deb:
Agnes, "Laundry room is supposed to be off limits on Sunday." Does that mean you might try to sneak in if you could get the chance?! Lol

Deb--I'm still a good girl when it comes to rules so I will wait for my slot tomorrow afternoon before I put the machine in action. Meanwhile I am hand stitching the binding on one of the companion cushions. I still have to quilt the second one. Plans are to have at least one of the cushions finished by tomorrow. Don't think I can hustle enough to have both done.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 4:51 PM

Ginny have they checked for a clot?

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 5:12 PM

I haven't got any sewing done today but I did make progress in actually finding my sewing room....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230

Nana:

I haven't got any sewing done today but I did make progress in actually finding my sewing room....LOL>

ROFLOL

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 7:01 PM

I finished 2 dresses for my DGD - so am happy with myself today!  :)  I haven't made clothes for so many years - the 2nd dress is lined fully on the inside with a slip under the skirt... it was a challenge and took me a little while of being frustrated and then stepping away to come back a little while later and it would all make sense - why it didn't make sense the first time is that this 59 year old brain is as I said 59 years old...teehee...

This is a picture of the outfits from the 1st pattern - I am still waiting for waist and length measurements so that I can finish the pants... This was a fun pattern to do... then I made this dress... it is the one that gave me a few fits but I think it turned out great!  DH gave me the "she will love it thumbs up"...

This last picture - I caught the bluejay and was hoping to catch him with his wings completely spread out but he had started to bring them in but it was a beautiful site... 

I have about 4 more dresses to make for my DGD but think I will give myself a few days of quilting before I start another one - making clothes is coming back but it still frustrates me a little...:)  I have kept pieces of each other dress fabrics that I am going to make into a quilt for DGD this year.  Her quilt for 3rd grade from her clothes fabrics.  I think she will like that.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 8:49 PM

Today marks the day when I married my best friend 35 years ago. 

I finished a quilt for my DB and DSIL. I am just waiting to bring it to get quilted it's a big queen sized quilt, just too big for me to quilt on my domestic sewing machine. This is where I would like a longarm!

I love what I've seen since the last time I logged on. Beautiful bag, quilts, girl clothes. It is great to see all your creations.

Angèle  from NWO

Page 57 of 188 (2810 items) « First ... < Previous 55 56 57 58 59 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use