Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 51 of 78 (1165 items) « First ... < Previous 49 50 51 52 53 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,164 Replies | 36 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,362
Points 415,009
gini replied on Wed, Jul 9 2014 4:42 PM

thanks everyone,  there was some tough competition.   the lady that won first is my LAQ she is phenomenal. I wish I had taken pictures for you

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 196
Points 3,120
Deb replied on Wed, Jul 9 2014 6:48 PM

Thea ,"When I worked at the shop I made all 3 of these quilts one weekend..."

wow!! I always knew I was slow!!! :)

lovely quilts!!! Thea

Gini, love your Iris quilt!! 

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 196
Points 3,120
Deb replied on Wed, Jul 9 2014 6:55 PM

Elaine, I like your iris also ... Different colors for different places but both quilts are lovely!!

Jen, your quilt top is looking great!!

i have been working on a top for my daughter that she wants to give as a gift to a friend who loves books!

Deb

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,474
Points 116,870

Deb, your book quilt is wonderful! I love it.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 15,920

Deb great book quilt.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 239,992
Thea replied on Wed, Jul 9 2014 10:03 PM

Deb that is very nice.  I like your design!  

I have not worked on a quilt in a few days... I have been tasked with making some clothes for my grand daughter for school this next year.  So have been cutting out some of them today... Plus, been working outside with DH on the yard.  It is almost done.  You can not imagine how happy I am - I have wanted all this work done for so many years.  I tried to do it by myself but I just do not have the ability to do it.  I could work for a couple days and then would be down for a month... so with DH doing this work and getting it done... I am doing a happy dance for us... but now that the yard is going to look so pretty and the inside is being finished from all the projects DH started... do I have to move???  Yes is the answer but oh how I wish I could just move this house and yard up to MN... I know the sacrifices for a wonderful time seeing my grand children every day... Not really a sacrifice... I got some beautiful pictures today of the Cardinal that visits each day.  My dearly departed Lori loved Cardinals so every time I see one I think of her.  I have a nature quilt in my head of these birds and the rabbits and the squirrels... we get a possum at least once a year and the skunks in the early spring and late fall as they migrate... Not sure how to get a picture of one of those skunks though...:)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,190
Points 15,925
Susan replied on Wed, Jul 9 2014 11:06 PM

I  took a break from sewing the blocks together on the queen size quilt for DHs den. After a while the fabric colors and pattern get tiring to look at. So I went through all my purple fabric and fat quarters hoping to get some creative ideas on a twin size quilt for my sweet DGD who loves purple. She has a day bed style so I want the length to be showing the pattern facing you . I was thinking of something with 9 patch blocks, and  plain blocks  to applique hearts on. I will sleep on it tonight and hopefully will come up with some more ideas in the morning.                   Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 239,992
Thea replied on Thu, Jul 10 2014 7:26 AM

I woke to aches and pains this morning that I went to bed with last night... No working outside today... the aches and pains are because it is thunder bumper time in northern oklahoma and is supposed to go on off and on all day... so I have the first out fit all cut out sitting on the side of my machine - 2 tops a pair of pants and a dress... Guess I need to get busy as soon as the pain meds kick in... 

Hope everyone has a sunnier day then I am having but I have sunshine in my bedroom(sewing room) as I am making a gift that will make my DGD smile.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,453
Points 24,175
Debbie replied on Thu, Jul 10 2014 9:14 AM

Deb - love the book quilt, as a librarian I've always wanted to do one of these but have not gotten to it yet!   great job!  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,453
Points 24,175
Debbie replied on Thu, Jul 10 2014 9:22 AM

very nice Gini!  I love the purple.  how did that challenge quilt turn out you were starting at Branson?  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 259
Points 4,275

"Not sure how to get a picture of one of those skunks though...:)" Very carefully, Thea. VERY carefully!! LOL

Hope you feel comfortable soon!

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,474
Points 116,870

Gini, are you going to bring the Iris quilt to the Oregon retreat for Show and Tell? Pretty Please?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,362
Points 415,009
gini replied on Thu, Jul 10 2014 11:53 AM

Debbie sam and nana didn't mush like it so I started over

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,362
Points 415,009
gini replied on Thu, Jul 10 2014 11:55 AM

judy,  I thought the show and tell we did last year was fun.  we should do it again.    yes I will bring it, I need to start a list.

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 196
Points 3,120
Deb replied on Thu, Jul 10 2014 4:48 PM

Thea , if you try to take a picture of the ol' pole cat.. Make sure you have lots of tomatoe juice on hand! :))

ladies .. I need some ideas on how to quilt this bookshelf top!! How would you quilt it?

Deb

• | Post Points: 80
Page 51 of 78 (1165 items) « First ... < Previous 49 50 51 52 53 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use