Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 31 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 29 30 31 32 33 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,039 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 288
Points 4,705

Hi All, Thanks for the information from each of you... I really appreciate your comments! The batting I use is Hobbs Premium 80/20. This particular table mat or runner (haven't decided which format it will be yet) is to be a gift for a couple who are contemporary in their decorating style. I wanted to reduce the shrinkage as much as possible so that the finished quilt would remain less puckery, smoother, even when washed. So that's why I decided to wash the fabrics first and get the shrinking done up-front. I had not thought about the the batting until Agnes mentioned it, so will need to prewash it as well. I've learned much more about batting now, thanks to all of you! Hopefully my plan will work out!

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475

First Quick Reply is no working on my chrome.  Yeah

Second lets see if I can load a picture.  This is the finished quilt top for the MSQC MQ. Yeag

• | Post Points: 95
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 288
Points 4,705

Donna, great job! Is this the quilt that you've been commenting it reminded you of a tablecloth as you assembled the clues? You could use it for one as it would be beautiful wherever and however you use it! Very pretty!

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 291
Points 3,830

Donna,

This is a very interesting quilt.  It really makes the eye travel through the colors.  Very nice!

Barbara

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,181
Points 18,155
weezee56 replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 2:41 PM

Mamag your MQ has turned out very pretty. I hope you are feeling better today.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,553
Points 246,002
Thea replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 2:49 PM

Donna - that is a very interesting quilt - i have been looking and looking at it - kind of has a bargello affect to it... very nice!  spring summery and Christmas all rolled into one!  Good job!   Bet you are happy to be done!  Thank you so much for sharing today!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,553
Points 246,002
Thea replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 2:51 PM

Springer Mom - I would be very very careful washing the batting - it might come out one big glump of junk... most are not needed to be pre-washed - check your instructions on the package - most bats have very little shrinkage!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,645
Deb replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 3:34 PM

Mamags,It's lovely ! I think too, it would make a great tablecloth!! Get a nice size candle and some green to wrap around your candle !! A perfect winter tablecloth went you need some spring!!

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475

Thanks everyone. It's growing on me. I like WeeZee's better as the elevation f colors looks better with solids. Mine takes a bit to get used to. I'm actually going to give it as a wedding present tomy nephew after I quilt it. They like modern art and this is very modern to me. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Pretty Donna!

Well, I did not get anything done on a quilt today, except I have some fabric in the wash. There is always tomorrow. :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,782
Points 122,490

Not too much happening in the sewing room today. Other obligations got in the way such as taking hubby to doctor for post op exam (he got an A+). I did trace another block for my Vintage Tin quilt and will start the embroidery this evening. It will make 5 blocks completed. I'm leaving the biggest one along the top for last.

I used a taupe colored crayon on one block and will use it on some others in selected areas.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,782
Points 122,490

Spudgrandma:
Well, I did not get anything done on a quilt today, except I have some fabric in the wash. There is always tomorrow. :)

Spud, I have clothes in the wash! Not nearly as exciting as fabric. It's muggy today, rain is coming, and I'm not moving very fast. Of course, part of that could be the ice cream cones we treated ourselves to on the way home this afternoon.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 5:59 PM

Well I am finally finished.  On May 15  I started a project of 21 Christmas Stockings for my family.  I am so excited to have finished them all,  of the 21 is even 2 for the 4 legged babies of my daughter and son in law. 

Here are a few pics of some of them.

Titus is one of the 4 legged babies.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 6:31 PM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:
This is the finished quilt top for the MSQC MQ. Yeag

Donna I like it. Job well done. It's a great low volume quilt. I find it very calming.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 6:32 PM

For the other Donna: I like your Christmas stockings. 

Page 31 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 29 30 31 32 33 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use