Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 29 of 76 (1139 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,138 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,469
Points 116,770

Did you guys read the QCA blog? A Mystery Quilt is coming in September!! 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 251
Points 3,240

Agnes,

Your hallway is truly lovely.  I love plants and flowers so being greeted by all that wonderful green nature would be wonderful.  And, your "art gallery" is absolutely a fabulous gallery.  What a terrific idea for displaying wall hangings, being able to enjoy seeing them each day and sharing your fantastic work, color and imagination.  JOB WELL DONE!

Hope you have a great day (doing more quilt making of course) : )

Barbara

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 251
Points 3,240

Yes, I saw the posting and I am so excited to start another mystery quilt.  I am just now ready to put MQ9 on the quilting frame, so am running a little behind but will definitely be participating on the QCA mystery quilt.  I am truly loving the Garden Party applique quilt BOM. 

Barbara

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 9:56 AM

Agnes, What a nice entry way.  The quilts on the wall that I can see are beautiful.  I never used to hang quilts on the walls - I did use them for drapes on my windows and then I started making the McKenna Ryan quilts and now hang them on my walls throughout the year.  It truly makes me smile to see them so this must be wonderful for you to walk out your door and see that view each time.  Very very nice.

I sent you a PM in friendship - I thought mabye we could hash out the dilemma of your wall hanging via email and maybe with our two heads we might come up with some ideas.  It may end up just a gremlin but you have a ton of ideas winging around in my head... A good mystery to solve is always fun for me - I play games during the time I sit in my chair as I lose interest in the television shows - Although recently I watched the 6 part mini series on John Adams - our 2nd president - and found myself mesmerized in the program - if anyone goes to watch it - have a box of tissues for the last episode because unless you are made of stone you will totally tear up on that episode.  It was quite good and well done!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,034
Points 15,815
weezee56 replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 10:10 AM

Agnes, what a great way to show off your beautiful work.

I'm ready for an other MQ.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 259
Points 4,275

Beautiful display of your work Agnes! It's so nice that you're allowed by apt mgmt to set up areas of plants and hang art on the walls. So many places would not allow that.

I saw the MQ notice. September is a good month to start. Summer is shared with yard work, being outside and doing other things. By fall, I'm tired of the work of my yard and anxious to get back to projects at my sewing machine.

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,470
Points 362,057
Kris replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 11:28 AM

Agnes your hallway is very inviting. Nice work.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 11:38 AM

Agnes, You have made your hallway a place of beauty.  If I lived there, I would make certain that my daily walks took me past your door so I could see the beauty of you wall hangings and the other tenant's plants.    Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 259
Points 4,275

I need information... I generally do not prewash fabrics. But, I'm making table toppers and runners that I really don't want to have that "puckery" look I love in quilts. So, I guess it's best to wash first to avoid that shrinkage. My question is whether after washing, do I put the fabrics in the dryer or hang to dry?

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 12:26 PM

No quilting yet today, but I manage 4 LUS blocks yesterday...only 3 left to do.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 192
Points 3,085
Deb replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 12:50 PM

Springersmom, I would use the dryer .

Agnes, love how you brightened up your hallway!!! The quilts are lovely!!!

Thea, I liked the thought of ,hug your family , know God is watching and pray!!! Sounds like a wonderful way to get rid of stress!😊

now I must say hello to my machine!!!

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 12:59 PM

Springer Mom - when I wash any fabrics before using them I use the dryer but I do not dry completely - I dry till just damp and then I press them dry the rest of the way.  Deb - if there was more of hugging and praying for our families I think the whole world would be a better place... not sure but just my most humble opinion.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 259
Points 4,275

The dryer it is! Thanks Deb and Thea!

-Unknown

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 3:04 PM

Agnes, what an inviting entryway.   I, too, could not see a boo- boo In your quilt. And it is lovely.   Kris, I now have long arm envy, again.  Congrats on your machine

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,261
Points 28,525
Agnes replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 3:19 PM

Springermom--The greater culprit than fabric for the shrinking may be the batting you are using. Check your specifics for the type you are using..

Thank you to all for the comments on the entry way. Bringing many positive comments from other tenants.

As far as the bass clef hanging, it is what it is, and I'm on to the next. Not loosing any sleep as to why it didn't all work out to the perfect plan.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Page 29 of 76 (1139 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use