Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 28 of 101 (1507 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,506 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,080
Points 16,555
weezee56 replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 10:29 PM

Kris, your new machine looks wonderful. I love the color. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 99
Points 1,650

Agnes, I still don't see the mistake in your quilt. 

Kris, congrats on your new baby!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 9,105
Pat A replied on Sun, Jun 22 2014 5:56 AM

Agnes, I love your wallhanging of the bass clef.  I've looked and looked and see no boo boo.  It is great. 

Kris - Congratulations on your new machine.  It is a beauty.  Green with envy!   Enjoy!

Pat A. in KY

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,280
Points 28,950
Agnes replied on Sun, Jun 22 2014 10:06 AM

To those that can't see the mistake, check where the arrow is on the right hand side of the photo. There is approximately quarter of inch between the tip of the black sashing and the binding. Any quilter knows how huge a quarter of an inch is. Had I trimmed that edge down to the points meeting the border, the border would have been 1 3/4" versus 2" for the rest. What I can't understand is how this could happen with such a large difference. The miter seams of the corners on the outer corners are perfect now and not chopped off. I'll sure be watching in future works with this type of design. Just in case you're wondering how I got the arrow there I used Microsoft Paint program and used the call out form.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,343
Points 241,927
Thea replied on Sun, Jun 22 2014 11:25 AM

Agnes - I see the mistake but I think it is bigger for you then for me - just looks beautiful and an awesome job if you are asking me - and for all of us - thanks to you a lesson in quilting!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,343
Points 241,927
Thea replied on Sun, Jun 22 2014 11:28 AM

Kris, Congratulations on the new machine - I absolutely love the color and am hopeful that when I get to MN that I might have room and the money to buy one!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,280
Points 28,950
Agnes replied on Sun, Jun 22 2014 12:20 PM

Thea--You're right that it is a much bigger deal for me than anyone else. A quarter inch out when I have no idea why is the mystery. Don't you as a quilter have the eye to see pictures on a wall that are crooked and what to fix them because the quilter's eye and brain picks up these small differences? I hung a bell pull yesterday and had to tack the bottom in place. When I was done I looked at it, said to the person in the hallway with me that I was out quarter of an inch. He said, no, not that much, just a smidgen. I measured it and it was exactly a quarter inch.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,726
Points 364,652
Kris replied on Sun, Jun 22 2014 1:24 PM

Thea:
Kris, Congratulations on the new machine - I absolutely love the color...

Thanks Thea. Thanks also to everyone who commented on my new addition to my sewing machine family. We're still getting acquainted and I'm enjoying it. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Sun, Jun 22 2014 1:37 PM

Kris, the machine is absolutely beautiful and I'm drooling over it.  I showed my husband the picture and he said "in your dreams", there isn't a room in this house big enough to hold it.  But I'm still dreaming.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 752
Points 11,960

No work for me the last couple of days. My FM is just terrible. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,348
Points 36,945
Linda replied on Sun, Jun 22 2014 4:01 PM

Agnes - If you hadn't said anything probably no one would have known. It's beautiful. You are such a perfectionist!  But that's why you are as good as you are. Love you for it.

Mamagshouse - I feel your pain. I have FM too along with all the other pains from my car accident in 2007. And now I seem to be falling down all the time. Some days I don't even want to get out of bed.

In the past 3 days I started a floral wall hanging for our family reunion to be raffled. I also started a 1918 raggedy doll quilt. I've got 5 of the 9 blocks made. I have to cut out the other 4 blocks. Making from scraps mostly.

And I started a Christmas tree skirt for a friend who finished my x-stitched Amazing Grace for me. I need her to come look at what I've done for her approval before I continue.

And that's all she wrote folks.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 752
Points 11,960

Linda I definitely know how you feel. It's very depressing. I just keep telling myself to get through another day. Thank goodness for quilting and you guys. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,343
Points 241,927
Thea replied on Sun, Jun 22 2014 10:43 PM

Okay - no depressing thoughts - we have to smile - somehow some way it will all be okay.  

Agnes, I know exactly what you are talking about - I can see at a glance when soemthing is off and needs straightening and it bothers me to no end sometimes when I can't get something done right.  I have found so many ways to perfect my quilting - I hate when I am sewing a block together and the block seams are off by a couple stitiches - I have to open it up and do it over - that is how I learned how important it was to press things - that you have to take those few extra minutes and it works perfectly where when you didn't do it - it cost you having to use the seam ripper over and over... 

DH was cutting some boards the other day and miscut one -- I told him that is why in quilting I measure at least twice before I ever pick up my rotary cutter... I mark the cut if it is a long piece with a pin and the 2nd time I measure better come out in the same place or I start all over.  

Right now my life is in turmoil - I worry so much about what is going on in the world that I try to lose myself in my quilting - I am hurting so much from losing a good friend and that makes me sad - but I know that I have to continue somehow - I have to smile and go on because that is what we do.  It makes it hard to open myself up to friends as it hurts so much to lose the ones I have.  

I truly love the people that I have met on here and read what you are doing... the internet has made my life less lonely.  I spent a year on Thule Greenland before we had the internet and email and cell phones... I try to remember back to then and think that when I come back home they will be there again... life was very lonely before we got the internet - - keep doing all the wonderful crafts that you are doing!  Keep hugging your family and know that the Lord is watching us.  Pray for the world - Prayers have got to work!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 7:56 AM

Donna, I WAS baker acted 7 years ago. Whatever you do, don't go there. Having a strip search sends you behind the toilet or as close as you can get to sob until you can't breathe. Never forget this warning. 

On a better light, Donna, your quilt is beautiful! As are all posted here.

Have a wonderful day.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,280
Points 28,950
Agnes replied on Mon, Jun 23 2014 9:36 AM

Thea--I hear you loud and clear on needing to redo. This little boo-boo has me baffled because according to all measuring, cutting, measuring again it should not have happened. It had to have been a gremlim playing games with me. On to the next project. I finished setting up my "art" gallery in my hallway area. I am the only tenant who has such a lovely hallway. All the others are located down long narrow tunnel-like feeling hallways.

This is the site that greets you when you reach the doorway to the apartment hallways.

These plants are owned and tended by another tenant. With my back to the plants here is a glimpse of my "art' Gallery. The blue door is my apartment entrance.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 95
Page 28 of 101 (1507 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use