Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 2 of 103 (1533 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,532 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 755
Points 12,080

Thank you Thea. I can't wait to see who I get for SS. So excited. I got three tines already but don't want to get to much until I see what they like. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 220
Points 3,495
Deb replied on Sat, May 31 2014 7:04 PM

I worked on hand quilting the quilt I just put in my frame! Was a real relaxing day. My handicap daughter played on the floor by my feet sorting beads, Something she loves to do! It was a good day for her, very little pain and muscles seemed stronger today. I thank God for these breathers!! Other days I got pray for strength and a cheerful spirit! 

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,695
Bonita replied on Sat, May 31 2014 7:44 PM

Deb, love your quilt just beautiful. Happy for you and you DD for the good day you both enjoyed.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,281
Points 28,970
Agnes replied on Sat, May 31 2014 7:46 PM

I finished quilting a small throw. I took it into the common room, after I washed and dried it ,where a few people were working on puzzles and some were just visiting. Long story short they wanted more show and tell. Out of the blue, I sold the newest one and another throw to the same lady. I am only recouping my costs as the sewing/quilting is excellent mental therapy for me. If I catch the purchaser in the next day or two I will ask for the quilt back for a few minutes so I can photograph it.

Out came another wip and took me a bit to reacquaint myself with it. I figured it out and am back at the piecing. Meanwhile I'm gathering my courage to try a simple applique for anther tenant, that I will then incorporate into a small wall hanging. Applique just isn't a favorite method of mine.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,085
Points 16,610
weezee56 replied on Sat, May 31 2014 9:10 PM

Deb your quilt is very pretty.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 276
Points 4,525

Agnes, I'm happy to hear that you're settling in well in your new home! The word gets around quickly when someone makes beautiful quilts, and being able to sell some of your work makes it a real "win-win" for you! More money to buy more fabric to piece more quilts!  :)  Glad you posted a note today!  

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sat, May 31 2014 11:47 PM

beautiful quilt, deb

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,281
Points 28,970
Agnes replied on Sun, Jun 1 2014 7:23 AM

SpringerMom:
being able to sell some of your work makes it a real "win-win" for you! More money to buy more fabric to piece more quilts! 

Funny how my first thought is more fabric. I now need to pull some bins out to check fabrics and what I'm missing to proceed with those ideas. There will be more fabric arriving before I know it.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 276
Points 4,525

Agnes, "There will be more fabric arriving before I know it."

Quilt shops are like candy stores, but we have only one. Do you order more of your fabrics online or in LQS? I went online to Keepsake yesterday, and was really surprised to find they do not have a "design board" like many others do. I just cannot visualize how the prints/colors will work together without moving them to the board, shuffling them around, etc. It really makes a difference when you can see them all together, and eliminate those that will not play well together. I tried moving them into the "wish" list, but they display a very small swatch in an immovable vertical line, so you can do nothing with them. In the end I grew frustrated and ordered nothing. Wonder why such a renowned online store does not have one!

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 755
Points 12,080

Deb the quilt is beautiful.  Love Love Love it.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,281
Points 28,970
Agnes replied on Sun, Jun 1 2014 3:58 PM

Springermom--My almost exclusive place to shop for fabric is Connecting Threads online. Their quality is excellent, as is service and pricing is very reasonable at regular pricing. I often wait and shop when they have items on sale or clearance and then I make off like a bandit. I used to buy an occasional piece elsewhere, local fabric shop versus quilt shop, but now I have only one LQS available so not sure how much local purchasing I will do. She's not located in town so I can't just drop in. I would need to make arrangements for a ride with my son to take me. I still have bins of projects lined up so I will be holding off with an order for a bit. there's a piece or two that I could like before I start a few of these projects. These projects need final designs drawn up so that I can estimate fabric requirements. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 9,105
Pat A replied on Sun, Jun 1 2014 4:47 PM

Deb, what a beautiful quilt.  Love the stars and what you did with the sashing.  Absolutely lovely!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 220
Points 3,495
Deb replied on Sun, Jun 1 2014 5:46 PM

Thank you , Ladies .. For the sweet comments on the quilt I'm working on!! Brightens a person day! :)

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,606
Points 119,250

I finished a quilt today. It's one of the brighter ones I've done and I love it. My sister and niece are coming to visit and I wanted to brighten up the spare room.

It's from a pattern by Suzanne McNeill called Garden Beauty. The colors are a bit off in the photo. They are actually deeper and more coral color.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,085
Points 16,610
weezee56 replied on Mon, Jun 2 2014 12:14 AM

Judy, very pretty.

Page 2 of 103 (1533 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use