Did you work on a quilt today #10

Page 100 of 281 (4204 items) « First ... < Previous 98 99 100 101 102 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4,203 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 9,745
Joyce replied on Fri, Aug 22 2014 1:52 PM

Angele your quilts are lovely.  I really like the top blue one but they are all great.  Thanks for showing us.

Joyce

Md

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,185
Points 21,840

Three beautiful quilts, Angele! My favorite is the one in the middle.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 417
Points 9,220
didash replied on Fri, Aug 22 2014 7:05 PM

Ramona -

Notexactly what I was talking about, but love this type of binding!  Have bookmarked to tutorial...may try that on the next quilt I'm doing as a Christmas gift for DSD and hubby because there is a lot of white background plus binding.  Way cool!

The quilt I'm currently binding is Stratford Stars (from Craftsy)...two adjacent sides are bound with brown fabric and the other 2 adjacent sides are bound with cream fabric.  Naturally, the corners should be mitered.  I think I have it figured out...just started the hand stitching tonight...when I get to the corners I'll know for sure if I made it work or not! LOL!  Keeping my fingers crossed since it "looks" like I found a solution.  It may not be "by the book", but it looks like it will work!

Thanks so much for the link...it's a keeper!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, Aug 25 2014 9:06 AM

Hey, CC. I would like to see if there is room in the Montana retreat (always supposing I get my passport renewed in time). I left a message on your phone and the retreat board but I didn't get a reply. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,185
Points 21,840

I made some Christmas napkins on my longarm today. Stitching the outlines of the napkins went quickly and I was able to sew 12 of them, then just cut them out, turn them right side out, then topstitch. So easy!  Some are for me and some for my Secret Santa box.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,870
Points 181,808
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 25 2014 1:20 PM

Carol, your napkins are adorable!  Your own pattern?  Would you share?

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,185
Points 21,840

The pattern I have was purchased for my Gammill- Statler.  I just now googled "Christmas Tree Napkin Pattern" and found photos of almost the same thing. The photos don't have the trunk on the tree.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,062
Points 71,775
Bonita replied on Mon, Aug 25 2014 2:38 PM

Very pretty, Carol. I've seen that pattern without the trunk in several places Marie.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Points 45,360
ls2116 replied on Mon, Aug 25 2014 3:33 PM

I'm still working the fall harvest, to early for me to think christmas but carol the napkins are great.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,512
Thea replied on Mon, Aug 25 2014 4:02 PM

I love your napkins.  the original of that pattern was designed by a quilter in Northern Oklahoma - she made them and someone copied them and before you know it they were everywhere.  I felt bad for her but the pattern that she made is quite easy - I made tons of those the year that she designed them and we did them for my guild in Ponca city for our table gifts that year.  I am sad that her pattern got used and she never got the credit or any money for them.  But she is okay with it.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,870
Points 181,808
Marie replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 7:28 AM

Thanks everyone, I'll do a search and see what I come up with.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,512
Thea replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 7:56 AM

Good Tuesday, I am hoping it will be - it is a good thing my new baby hasn't arrived yet as I would not have been able to play with it.  I think I got too excited about it and my body just gave up - I have had the worst migraine headache that I have had in quite a few years.  I had to stay in my darkened bedroom hardly moving out because the light hurt so much.  I have put so many drops in my eyes to lubricate them over the past few days...My body just aches... I know I am on the mend though and better behave myself.  I have a retreat coming up - my 60th birthday - and so many quilts to quilt as soon as she arrives... 

DH has diligently been working on the floor - he still has some spots he isn't happy with...hard to have a perfectionist for a DH - me the perfectionist wife in keeping the hosue clean that he slobs up - but when it comes to making something he is the ultimate perfectionist...it looks great to me but he sees this and that - like we do looking at our quilts... I am hoping though that he will be done with the sanding today sometime and start the staining so we can get the poly on and it dry before the machine arrives - I know I will hate seeing those boxes there and not being able to open them... 

So today, I am staying in my chair and resting... I haven't sewn a thing since I think last Saturday when this migraine started...but I know that I woke this morning and the sun peaking in through the window didn't hurt my eyes so I know I am on the mend... I still have a headache in the back of my head but it is getting better... I ache all over which means the RA flare-up isn't over - but it will be and that is the goal - rest when I need to and stay in the chair... 

TV better get more interesting it is definitely not keeping me in this chair...maybe a good book - I downloaded some new ones to my kindle... reaching for the zyrtec to see if it will help today... oxygen...:)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,870
Points 181,808
Marie replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 8:18 AM

Extra prayers going up for you today, Thea.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 20,640
weezee56 replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 7:31 PM

Thea, I hope you feel better soon.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 437
Points 11,330
Donna replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 8:55 PM

Our house has a long hall by the guest bedroom and my quilting room that has 4 small windows/portals in it. 2 of them go to the outside, so they have windows, the other 2 go to the entryway and are only portals. John put up 2 mirrors in the entryway that cover the portals. So on the hall side you see the back of the mirrors. One of which I see while sitting at my sewing machine. Example shown in the first pic. So I have made this garden windows wall hanging to cover it. It is just the top, not quilted yet, shown in the second pic.

My question is, I have another panel just like this one, do I make the second one the same, or do I go for a different look in the window panes??

• | Post Points: 50
Page 100 of 281 (4204 items) « First ... < Previous 98 99 100 101 102 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.