Page 1 of 76 (1140 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,139 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 710
Points 11,140
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam Posted: Fri, May 30 2014 4:03 PM

Some reason our posts are all going to individual threads so lets start here.

Finished Around the Block Quilt for DD Rose

Finished Clue #3 for MQ for MSQC

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,684
Points 65,890
Bonita replied on Fri, May 30 2014 4:08 PM

Ok I'll try posting here. Springermom, the blocks are 6 inches finished.

Thanks Ladies for the wonderful comments on the FWS top. I'm so happy to have gotten it this far.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 710
Points 11,140

Much better thanks Bonita.  I think we all want it on one right? Otherwise we have to hunt and peck for individual threads.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,472
Points 362,097
Kris replied on Fri, May 30 2014 5:09 PM

Bonita:
After over 3 years I finialy finished the Farmers Wife Sampler top !!!. All 111 of the little blocks.

Congratulations Bonita. Your top is lovely. I still have a long way to go on mine.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 192
Points 3,085
Deb replied on Fri, May 30 2014 5:10 PM

Bonita , your top looks really good ! Pat yourself on the back for all that hard work!:)

Donna, the stockings are so cute!

Mamag, bet you have one happy DD with that quilt!.. like the blocks

got a quilt back in the old frame..looked sad with no quilt in it!

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,034
Points 15,815
weezee56 replied on Fri, May 30 2014 6:44 PM

Bonita your blocks look great. All 111 of them.

Mamag, you always beat me finishing the clues. Here is Clue #2 and Clue #3

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 710
Points 11,140

WeeZee I will wait for you next week. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 259
Points 4,275

Mamag, Rosie's new quilt is so darn cute! Perfect colors and fabrics for a girl her age. Not too young, not too old... Just Right!! haha. Bet she loves it! Good Job!  :)

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,034
Points 15,815
weezee56 replied on Fri, May 30 2014 9:48 PM

Mamag,You don't have to wait for me, you can be first every week. I don't download the Clue as soon as I could. Its usually around 4:30 pm. I could at 1:00 pm. to close to lunch time. Have a great weekend.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 710
Points 11,140

Thanks Springermom. 

Weezee I can wait. 

Hey I love you guys. Thanks so much for your support. 

Gonna trim & piece today. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Sat, May 31 2014 9:42 AM

Donna - You inspire me - I love how you are right there to do those next clues - reminds me of me a few years (well quite a few) back... 

I got my kitchen floor cleaned yesterday so today am working on a purse for my SS box ... that is if the person I get loves the color blue - if not might have to make another one - I have been putting off starting the satin stitching on Dog Park as I really didn't feel up to sitting at my sewing machine - the weather here in Oklahoma has this weather system swirling around above me and causing barometric pressure changes continually which causes my body to scream at me... I need one of those bubbles around my house...

But now that the house is sparkly clean again I have no excuse to not sit down at my sewing machine except for the aching hands/shoulders & neck - the ankles don't really come into the problem except the right one does make notice that it is there when I push down on the foot pedal - 

But enough whining(THEA STOP WHINING)  :) :)  I am going to get up shortly from my cozy bed - climbed back in to get snuggly warm.... and get over to my sewing station - right over there  - and finish up this purse today - I actually think I can make 2 from this kit... so much fabric... we shall see... then onto doing the satin stitching - I got my thread boxes out and next to the sewing machine yesterday sot hat is all ready and Dog Park is crying at me to finish it... And of course, DH, found the quilt I had started last year that needs satin stitching done on it too... OH MY... so much satin stitching to do - but first some simple purses...YIPEE - simple!!!

A great quilty day I am sending up a request to the Lord for all of you and begone Error messages - that frustrate me for 15 seconds after I post...:)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Sat, May 31 2014 9:42 AM

There was no error message - whoo hooo!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,034
Points 15,815
weezee56 replied on Sat, May 31 2014 11:30 AM

Thea:
that is if the person I get loves the color blue -
You know Thea, blue is my favorite color.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 710
Points 11,140

Thea,

If it wasn't for quilting and other needle crafts I would loose it again.  I was so depressed in January that they were going to Baker Act me.  My shrink released me to my husbands care but DH administers my meds, all the guns, & knives are locked up.  (he really doesn't like me to have the rotary cutter & the scissors) But since joining this club and having three or four projects planned out ahead of time keeps me wanting to stay on the planet.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Sat, May 31 2014 4:15 PM

Donna - I have put you on my special prayer list and anytime you need to talk to someone just give me a call - when I send out your secret santa information, I'll send you my phone number - i also do skype if you ever need someone face to face to talk to.  My skype name for anyone that needs it is Quilting Thea - I think you can find me that way - or search for my name Althea Foster.  I am here for anyone... I have a couple friends who say for some reason that I always say just the right thing to help them... not sure about that but I do pray to the Lord for guidance and to use me as a vessel to help friends who are in need.

I have been working on and off on my purse - my brain is a bit fuddled today so am having difficulty interpreting the pattern... 60 years old almost and my brain is bugging out on me today... shame on it - it better behave itself - but I am getting there - had to take a break as the next part - so the pattern says is for me to quilt these two pieces... so getting a bit of energy for that step... 

Life is a bowl of cherries as the saying goes - sometimes you get a sweet one - sometimes a sour - you just throw the sour ones out unless of course you like that sort of thing - I'll go for the sweet... It also takes less muscles in your face to smile then to frown - so smile the day away... 

As I said, I am here and on facebook and a phone call away!  YOU are a wonderful daughter of our Lord and he sent you here and now we must find our way back to him with all these dang choices that are put in front of us to figure out that dang puzzle... but it can be fun and we know he is there and holding our hands when the days get sluggish and slow.  

I know what you mean about projects planned - I have so many and I keep telling him he can't take me until I am done with all of them - so I have a few always waiting in the wings... Right now I think I have about 10 in some form or shape of being done... could be more - I don't know - last year was a bad year for sewing for me - this year is doing better... 

See I am smiling and not whining!  Thank the Lord for pain meds!!! Thank the Lord for Aches and Pains that let me know I am alive as I know I won't have them on that day I wake up in the celestial kingdom... but boy is he going to get an earful - could be another reason he wants me to stay here...:)

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 76 (1140 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use