What are you up to today #10

Page 56 of 205 (3069 items) « First ... < Previous 54 55 56 57 58 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,068 Replies | 60 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,565
Points 391,782
Kris replied on Sat, Aug 30 2014 6:34 PM

dcasario:
Hi!  I'm excited to say I have my very first quilt almost finished!!  Whew, are there  a few mistakes in this quilt!!  But I was just reading someone's article that they wished they would have enjoyed quilting and had more fun instead of being a perfectionist. LOL  That little article helped me relax and just be okay with the mistakes in this quilt, my very first one.

It's great. Nice work.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 9,745
Joyce replied on Sat, Aug 30 2014 11:00 PM

dcasario you quilt is really cute.  

Joyce

from Md

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,454
Points 46,410
ls2116 replied on Sun, Aug 31 2014 3:25 PM

Just barbecued dinner now i'm gonna start planning what i'm sewing next on my row quilt.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,278
Points 141,735

Today? Been fooling around with a design in EQ7, made a fall wall hanging for September. Now, it's clean up time, I have piles fabric I pulled, from one end of my room to the other. Happens every time I make something.

Then we're headed to a neighborhood BBQ in a couple hours.

This evening I'll continue to try to figure out borders for a winter wall hanging. (so ,why clean up my room?)

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,363
Points 17,120
weezee56 replied on Sun, Aug 31 2014 4:02 PM

Judy I'm always straightening mine sewing room, just to mess it up again. And I never get things put back in the same place. So I'm always looking for something.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,278
Points 141,735

Ain't it the truth Weezee! I have a somewhat system. Yardages by color stacked in cubby's, smaller pieces by color in baskets. Specialty fabrics, like kids patterns and batiks together and so on. Works great! Until I start pulling to try to decide what to use in a project, or often, several projects. Then I have a confused  jumble all over the place.

I have things pretty much back in place now. I think I'll spend 30 minutes just looking at the loveliness of it all. :-) It won't last long.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 29,840
Ramona replied on Sun, Aug 31 2014 4:39 PM

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for the prayers for a safe trip. Mom is doing great. She is happy as can be in rehab. They told her she was doing very well and she said "don't put down that I'm doing too well as I want to stay for a while".  At least she likes it and is comfortable and we don't have to worry about her falling. Thought we'd have a hard time getting away but all went well. So very glad DH went with me. We drove straight through Sat and arrived around 10 pm. The air conditioning was out in the house and boy was it ever HOT!!! We turn it off when we leave town but I guess that doesn't matter. So we spent two nights with no air and in Fl, as some of you know, that's HOT. DH got up several times and took a shower to cool off. The pool cleaner was broken, a blind needed to be replaced and the phone wasn't working. Crazy, crazy. Glad DH was there to help with some of the stuff. I stayed very busy getting Mom's house in order, animals taken care of and getting her situated in rehab. We stayed with friends on the way back and had a good visit.  Trip was exhausting and we are both still catching up.  We stayed busy from morning til night. Glad we went and DH is very glad he went. He said he would of felt horrible sitting here in a nice cool house when I was burning up down there...and then he laughed.  Really he was glad he went. Said he just didn't know what he was thinking. 

Thanks again everyone for the prayers and support. All said and done now but I'm sure it won't be the last trip like this one just hopefully not for a while. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 29,840
Ramona replied on Sun, Aug 31 2014 4:42 PM

dcasario:

Hi!  I'm excited to say I have my very first quilt almost finished!!

This quilt is adorable!!! Great job!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,413
Points 26,540

Diana, your elephant quilt is adorable & you did a great job on it!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,565
Points 391,782
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 1 2014 3:45 PM

Ramona:
Thank you all for the prayers for a safe trip. Mom is doing great.

I'm glad things went well for you Ramona (except for the AC). It's good to know your mother is in good hands.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,565
Points 391,782
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 1 2014 3:50 PM

I've retuned from a trip to Vermont. Trying to rest on the couch. Headaching at the moment but happy.

I visited the Bennington Museum and saw the Jane Stickle sampler quilt. It was quite humbling to see it in person. I am far from being a Janiac but it certainly was nice to learn more about the woman.

I also attend the Garlic festival. I think it was the most delicious smelling festival I've ever attended LOL.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,278
Points 141,735

Kris!! You saw the original Dear Jane quilt? That would be humbling. Even more amazing is that it survived all these years. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 29,840
Ramona replied on Mon, Sep 1 2014 4:20 PM

Kris,

Thank you and yes, seeing her made me feel better and not worry so much. She is doing great and it seems a better rehab place than what she picked before. 

Sorry for your headache. Hope it's better soon. Sounds like a wonderful trip.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,565
Points 391,782
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 1 2014 4:43 PM

Judy Taylor-Bellingham:

Kris!! You saw the original Dear Jane quilt? That would be humbling. Even more amazing is that it survived all these years. 

Yes. It's in great shape too. Some of the colours are faded but it looks amazing. They take really good care of it at the museum. Not much light on it and it's only displayed for a short time each year.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,565
Points 391,782
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 1 2014 4:52 PM

Ramona:
Sorry for your headache. Hope it's better soon.

Thanks Ramona. It's getting back to my normal baseline headache.

Page 56 of 205 (3069 items) « First ... < Previous 54 55 56 57 58 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.