Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 53 of 99 (1479 items) « First ... < Previous 51 52 53 54 55 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,478 Replies | 46 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,981
Points 368,897
Kris replied on Sun, Aug 24 2014 10:09 AM

Ramona:
I'm going to try and be strong about DH not going but I don't know if I'll make it. Say a prayer.

Praying for you and your mom Ramona.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,981
Points 368,897
Kris replied on Sun, Aug 24 2014 10:12 AM

I spent the weekend with the in-laws. We had a mini lobster fest yesterday then went for ice crew. I walked 2.5 miles with them this morning (DH stayed in) then went to breakfast. I'm recovering relaxing on the couch trying to work up the strength to go sew now that they've left. I need to finish the back for my LUS. It was a fantastic weekend.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,881
Points 40,565
ls2116 replied on Mon, Aug 25 2014 3:18 PM

I'm starting to dismantle my garden.  Not much in the way of sewing today.  Just prepping for trip.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,373
Points 28,870
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Aug 25 2014 4:10 PM

Thea:
 When we were out in S. Dakota for my son's wedding we went to a reservation for animals.

Thea, we don't have to go to a reservation to see bears!!!  They are becoming more and more visible around here.  Quite a few years ago we saw a large black bear on one of our hay fields - I think "she" had cubs in the hedge-row.  She was sitting in the field about 300 feet from us at the top of the hill.  Soon she got up, moved about 20 feet then lay down on the roadway along the hedge-row.  She just looked at us.  Yesterday, Rich told me the area where he was picking blackberries was covered with bear tracks.  The picking was slim - must be the bears got to them first.  There are more and more bear sightings all around us.  They are a nuisance around garbage cans and gardens.  They haven't peeked in our windows yet, but the deer sometimes just stand outside our picture window and look in (or maybe at their reflections).  They are too tame!  Hope the bears don't get THAT tame.  

Congratulations on your new machine.  Hope you have fun with it.  My new machine, a Bailey Pro sit-down machine with 15 inch throat, makes my quilting so much easier.  My old Sears Kenmore is now free to piece, alter clothes, and mend!  The Viking is still sitting in it's case on the floor waiting for me to find a repair shop somewhere, hopefully less than 100 miles away!  Now I need to get back to my machine and get more quilting done on one of the college quilts.  One more of the finished tops to go (#5) then need to put together the 6th.  I need to rewash MQ 9 to be sure the backing doesn't color the front.  I put 2 color-catchers with it the first time I washed it and was shocked at how deep the color still was on both color catchers.  I always add color catchers and instructions with each quilt, but since this one had so much excess color, I didn't dare to give it yet.  Usually there is just a faint hint of color when a quilt is washed because I pre-wash everything.  This backing - mottled deep pinks and purples should have been pre-washed twice.  Those color catchers were quite deeply colored, but I decided to take a chance.  At least the color didn't transfer to the top, so the color catchers did their job.

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,226
Points 18,945
weezee56 replied on Mon, Aug 25 2014 6:10 PM

Marsha I always use the color catches. Someone on QCA said something about them, I tried them and loved how they worked. I hope you don't have any trouble from all the bears.

IS have a safe trip.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,412
Points 38,005
Linda replied on Mon, Aug 25 2014 9:04 PM

I spent the day mostly on the phone with tech support trying to get my email working properly. It's been 3 days since I've received any email. That is strange. I usually get tons of emails from the many quilt groups I belong to plus some FB notifications. And every morning I get a special email from the new guy in my life.

This weekend my best friend Jan came up. Finally after a year we managed to find all the fabrics that we originally wanted for the quilt and the 3 we couldn't find we found really pretty substitutes by the same designer. This weekend I got all but 8 blocks made. This week, however, I have to get 6 aprons made for my AZ church's kitchen crew. And I also want to get the 2 quilts of valor quilted. I'm half way with one of them. I started with the hardest one first. They are going to 2 brothers in Afghanistan. One of them is from last years round robin.

Tonight I decided to go to bed before midnight. I have 59 minutes. Good night.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 505
Points 10,210
tnmtgrl replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 7:14 AM

Well I spent yesterday sitting in the hospital waiting for my husband to have eye surgery, I used the time to put binding on my latest project. Now this morning we are going to have to go back to the Dr. office, a 45 min ride, for follow up to make sure everything stayed in place. Hopefully we will get back to more normal this afternoon and I can start cutting on a new project!

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,618
Points 247,317
Thea replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 7:39 AM

Marsha, Maybe having lived in the southerntier of NY is why the black bears draw me in.  I grew up out in the country with the little forest and the big bad forest behind us - with cows mooing outside the fence to our yard.  Horses next door that the neighbor allowed me to ride... swimming pool in our backyard that made all the other Mother's thrilled because all the kids congregated in our yard everyday - playing and swimming... it was fun...

So maybe it was the knowing that I could see those black bears around the big bad forest anytime I was brave enough to walk back that far is why they thrilled me to see them out in SD... bringing back childhood memories.  I have friends still in the neck of woods that you live in that tell me about them coming right up to their back doors... they never did that when I was a little girl - we are so encroaching on their space but that is okay - progress...

I saw on the news yesterday that 65% of people today do not think a 9 year old should be able to go to the park by themselves... I remember we went all over the place from kindergarten on up - the big cow bells brought us home for meals - no parents were assigned to be out watching us - Mom's were home in the house taking care of household duties... it is shameful that our kids have to have so much supervision...

My grand daughter is lucky to live in a small town where they can still bike around the neighborhood and go to the school playground without that constant supervision... No wonder Mom's are exhausted today!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,645
Tami Paul replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 7:50 AM

hi everyone. I came to the site today to see#10 forum. Was so excited it has been so long..... But when I click on it , it just sends me to the forum list. Am I just ahead of the game or is something wrong on my end?

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,645
Tami Paul replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 7:52 AM

sorry, don't know where the "mystery" went? so it should of said "mystery quilt # 10 forum"

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,720

Tami Paul:

sorry, don't know where the "mystery" went? so it should of said "mystery quilt # 10 forum"

Tami, it is a bit of a mystery. But QCA Rachel promises us a Mystery quilt on September 1. So perhaps that link will go to the correct forum on that date.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 306
Points 14,075
qcarachel replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 9:03 AM

Hi Tami!

Is there any way you could send me a screen shot of what you're seeing when you go to the Mystery Quilt #10 forum? As of now, it is just a forum, but there are no posts on it yet. I PROMISE there will be the first post on Sept. 1st!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,720

qcarachel:

Is there any way you could send me a screen shot of what you're seeing when you go to the Mystery Quilt #10 forum? As of now, it is just a forum, but there are no posts on it yet. I PROMISE there will be the first post on Sept. 1st!

Rachel 

I'm not Tami, but here is what shows up when the link on the left side of the home page is clicked. 

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 306
Points 14,075
qcarachel replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 10:09 AM

Oh no! Thank you ladies for informing me of this. Sometimes as admin, I have too much access to things. So what I see, I think everyone else can see. I changed some of the settings on the forum. Judy, could you send me a screenshot of what you see now? Thank you so much!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,720

Here it is Rachel. sorry took so long, I'm at work.

Page 53 of 99 (1479 items) « First ... < Previous 51 52 53 54 55 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use