Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 5 of 128 (1920 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,919 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 644
Points 9,675
MaggieNae replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 11:47 AM

Well, I'm just waiting to go to lunch so I can see if a dog in my mother's neighborhood is loose or in her own yard still  Yesterday she was out and sitting in the street in the rain.  Poor little Chi.  This time she came right to me and I picked her up.  No one was home, but the front door was unlocked, so I put her inside and left.  This morning she was out in her yard again.  They leave her out all day, it seems everyday and she goes under the fence and around the 'hood.  If I catch her out again, I'm taking her home where she'll be secure until they come home and I can talk with them.   Wish me luck - wish her luck.

• | Post Points: 0
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 942
Points 15,910

Sounds like a plan MaggieNae.  When we were in Florida and lived on a farm my dogs stayed outside all day but we had good fencing.  Our neighbors had a yorkie that would get out constently and come and play with my shepherds.  After a while I stopped bringing her back.  My neighbors finally got better at making sure she was inside or watched her when she was out.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,777
Points 245,587
Thea replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 1:41 PM

My day started out horribly - I woke to horrendous pain.  A storm moved in during the night and it has hit my poor body like a ton of bricks.  I got up and fed the brood and was bent over just aching all over - got to my chair and remembered that I had invited a member of our ward to lunch today - her daughter is having a terrible time back east with her health and I wanted to give the friend a lunch out and some loving kindness... I thought Oh i should message her and cancel as it is not a good day -but I didn't got myself in the shower and left for lunch... Yep it was a great lunch - the Lord got me through it and it was wonderful for her - she thanked me so much - she is home alone as her youngest daughter is off at girl's camp and DH is out of town this week... she needed this badly and i was so glad that I got myself up to do it.  

It was hard but the rewards are wonderful.  I am back home now - in my chair as I don't think anything else is going to get done today... Not a dang thing - maybe later as this eases up...

I did have a good thing also to tell you - whomever buys our home is going to have an awesome house... we put in a water softener a few years back and the man who put it in didn't clean up after him self so my kitchen sink got rust spots in it - it was one of the white sinks - beautiful when it was cleaned up but I just couldn't get this stain out.. so told DH we needed a new sink and I had seen that new one hole water faucet at my son's house while up there and liked it - the end pulls out for your sprayer - very nice... so I had gone looking on Amazon for a sink and faucet and found one for $700 on sale for $115... bought it and the faucet and a single hole plate to cover the two holes... well it came and DH put it in yesterday and Oh My it looks so good - my kitchen is looking awesome - Bathroom all modernized - kitchen all modern looking and now DH says I like our house now why are we selling it ... then he laughs as he knows we are going north to be with our grand kids... it is rough though as I really do love our home...

Anyway,  I am asking for a few little prayers said my way to help me through the rest of this day... My BP is high as the stress I have been under lately has been rough - some nasty emails came my way and made me cry - a good friend lifted me up and I lifted another friend up but today is painful and I need a few prayers - I know they work and I know the wonderful ladies on here when they pray for me do wonders for me - so thank you in advance.

I am feeling better already although I doubt I will be moving out of my chair for a few hours...

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 425
Points 5,875

Hi Thea.  I'm so sorry you're having such a bad day.  That's no fun.  I will pray that you feel better quickly and hope the nasty emails stop.  Just sit back and relax.  :)

Barbara

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,640
Deb replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 6:22 PM

Thea, praying for you!! May you have a goodnight of rest tonight and a better tomorrow ! I can't fully understand all your pain , but my little DD can , she has been on the couch all day , even with meds she can't control her arm to feed herself!

was sweet of you to take the dear lady to lunch! :)

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 942
Points 15,910

Thea I am praying for you.  Glad your lunch went well.  I always feel better when I am serving someone else. Hang in their.  Maybe you should get a blessing.  That always boosts my spirits and helps me deal with the pain.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 735
Points 12,740
zoetc49 replied on Fri, Jun 6 2014 9:21 AM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

Zoetc that looks like fun.  Was it hard to use them.  

No, not at all. I was nervous at first and always as we went through intersections. I felt surely I will fall or a car will jolt out, but none of that happened. 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 735
Points 12,740
zoetc49 replied on Fri, Jun 6 2014 9:21 AM

Zoetc that looks like fun.  Was it hard to use them.  

No, not at all. I was nervous at first and always as we went through intersections. I felt surely I will fall or a car will jolt out, but none of that happened. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 942
Points 15,910

Cool Zoetec I'll have to try one one day.  

This is what I completed today.  My DS Guitar Crochet Quilt.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 390
Points 17,615

Good afternoon!

I have one thing on my mind today: donuts. It's national donut day! I even posted something about it on QCA's Facebook. (check it out-it's a donut quilt :) ) If there's one thing I have a problem with, it's my sweet tooth. I haven't had a donut today, but a delicious bakery is on my way home. It would be terrible if I did not celebrate such an important holiday!

In other news, I have wonderful plans to rise bright and early and go to our downtown farmer's market. Des Moines has an amazing market, and it's usually packed before it even opens! And then it is off to outdoor yoga at Grey's Lake. It's beautiful scenery, relaxing, and free!

What are all of your plans for the weekend? I would love to hear them!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 942
Points 15,910

I love donut's.  Yummy.  Not to many plans this weekend.  Having a BBQ tomorrow night at the Club House with the Elders Quorum at church.  Waiting for WeeZee to post her Clue #4 then I will post mine.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,640
Deb replied on Fri, Jun 6 2014 6:09 PM

Mamags, the quatiar fabric is so cool, and I love blue!!

Qcarachael, I have a cup of coffee and a donut! One of the church lady's made some for me. I had sewn a dress for her DD. That was my pay!! Love homemade donuts!

Quite weekend here. Blessings to all this weekend!

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 942
Points 15,910

Thanks Deb. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,474
Points 38,880
Linda replied on Sat, Jun 7 2014 4:55 AM

Scanned al the photos I am going to use for my DM's memorial quilt.  I have to get printable fabric sheets.  Has anyone used the ones below or can you recommend any?

Yes have used those and just about everyone that is on the market. Do you use a lot of  printer sheets? Have you thought of making your own? It's very easy.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Jun 7 2014 12:51 PM

No sewing so far today...only yard work.  Spent 3 hours pulling some notoriously hard to pull Nevada weeds...these, if not pulled soon, will turn into tumble weeds.  Pulled 4 large garbage sacks (the kind used for construction so they are 50 gallon bags) and haven't really made a dent...but the area around the front fence is pretty clean now.  Also spent about an hour picking cherries, but now it is too hot and the sun is too intense to be out there.  Will try to get the rest done this evening, if I still have some energy left.  

I've got to give the dogs a bath later today...they are so covered in dirt.  They have dug a big tunnel trying to go after the voles...they can both disappear in the tunnel at the base of the dead apple tree.  I'm sure the voles killed the tree by eating the roots.  It didn't even have good apples on it anyway, always worm infested, even if we sprayed them.  Sometime this fall we are going to have to take it out, should be fairly easy as all of the roots are exposed now.

Time to think of something healthy and not fattening for lunch...it won't be easy.  My diet is so restricted right now because of Type 2 diabetes and exceptionally high cholesterol and triglycerides.

But I have lost 5 pounds this week, so that is keeping me motivated right now.  

Page 5 of 128 (1920 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use