Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 41 of 72 (1067 items) « First ... < Previous 39 40 41 42 43 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,066 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,481
Points 244,382
Thea replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 5:05 PM

Dawn - when is the AQS show in Des Moines.  We had our retreat at the same time a couple years back but the last two years we have scheduled it after because one of our members that comes works the show...I have been thinking that maybe I might come up this year - not sure - it will all depend on how I feel and if I can save any money - with the cost of the a/c fix my money till September is Gone gone gone... but I am almost done with Xmas shopping - got it almost all done for all my family so I can pull some money from my fall budget to maybe come up for a few days... I might go to Barbara's and drive over for the show with her and then back to her house... we shall see!  It is sounding fun in my mind!

I have charlie horses in both my calf muscles today... DH got me some baby brussel sprouts and bananas and I will eat them and increase my potassium levels and see if I can get rid of them - you can touch and see how hard the calf muscle is... you can see them looking at it.... not sure why ... why do I have any of these aches and pains every day... I am so very sick of them... 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,140
Points 14,755
Dawn replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 6:26 PM

Oh Thea!  It would be so fun to meet up w/u and go!  It is Oct. 1-4!!!  I will be praying you can!

Well, the house is SUPER quiet.  DGS3 didn't want to go home, he was crying for me!  He hugged me and told Mommy Bye bye!  Oh my!  Wonder how long it took him to stop crying?!  I told DD that he was really crying because she was taking him away from his beloved peafowl!  LOL!

DH got called to work so I have put away supper and have my feet up.  My head is pounding.  I cried a little, stress release, and we will see if that helps w/my head.  The kids are great, but I have so gotten used to it just being DH and I.  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,645
Deb replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 7:58 PM

Mamags , really cute apron!

Deb

🌺 You know you are a quilter when the only scraps under your table are fabric.🐾

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 623
Points 10,745
zoetc49 replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 9:35 PM

Aww, thank you !!!  I just have curtains to put up in the room, and some tags to make, then I am done with that room ! YEAH !!! Then my kitchen can be my kitchen. Now, I have regained a closet, but I need to put a closet system up in there, and I regained two large drawers in my living room, so I need to think about what I get to put in there.  I love the open space I now have in the catch all room.

Your apron is cute !!  

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

Zoetc I was feeling so bad for you right up until I got to the BTW then you made me laugh.

This was my quick project for the day.  Spruced up my cooking/canning apron.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,140
Points 14,755
Dawn replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 8:50 AM

Well, DH won't let me help w/the garage.  It is so humid out there and I just have never done well with that.  So, I will get the dishes done, laundry and get the bathrooms cleaned.  Haven't had time to do much the last 3 weeks.  Will be good to get caught up.  

Mamags, the apron is very cute!

Onwards!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 517
Points 10,190
Judi replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 2:25 PM

Roxana and Mimi

I had such a great time yesterday.  Game Nite was fantastic especially since we won!  Now I have to start working and using everythi8ng!

My guild is thinking of setting up a trip to Houston.  I hope I can go!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 691
Points 13,170
Michelle replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 4:18 PM

We are still traveling in Alaska, I did some teaching in Anchorage this past week at the hospital, got my hair cut and now back down in Anchor Point on the Kenai Peninsula for some Halibut fishing.  We got a few yesterday and hoping to pick up the packages today to put in the chest freezer. We brought up the chest freezer in the RV full, about 1/2 empty so far, so this should fill us back up. Saw a beautiful sunset last night, this is the first since we have been here all summer.  It's been too late 2-3am before the sun goes down.  this was about 11:30 last night and another moose in the back of the RV.

Got to do a little sewing on the road, finished a few quilts I brought along for binding, then started one I had cut out.  I have the top almost together.  Think, today I should get the side borders on.  I also had time today to update the blog with the rest of the pics.  http://nanassewingshoppe.blogspot.com

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 115
Points 1,970

Michelle, love the pics. Glad you are having a great time.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 602
Points 9,590
Joyce replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 8:08 PM

Patricia Faye congratulations on your new machine.  Can't wait to see all the things you make with it.  Have fun.

Joyce

Maryland

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 602
Points 9,590
Joyce replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 8:11 PM

Roxana nice to see you and Judy and Mimi.  You all look so happy.  How was the quilt show in Hershey.  I got a 10% discount at one shop hop today since we couldn't go to Hershey.  I thought that was neat.  Waiting to see and hear what all you girls bought and made.

Joyce

Maryland

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 602
Points 9,590
Joyce replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 8:14 PM

Doing a 3 night in home sleep study.  I did sleep last night and DH helped me to get hooked up with all the hoses & stuff.  Hope I can sleep tonight, some nights up half the night and they need several hours of deep sleep.  Has anyone else had the study done?

Joyce

Maryland

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 907
Points 16,795

Hi Joyce.  I did a sleep study a couple of years ago, but it was in a sleep center facility.  I got up early in the morning the day of the study since I wasn't suppose to go into until 9:30pm & wanted to make sure I didn't have a problem getting to sleep that night.  They hooked up all sorts of wires all over my body & it was still really hard to get comfortable enough to go to sleep.  They wake you up at 6:30am so you can shower & go home.  I ended up going back to bed when I got home!  Then I had to go back again after 2 months for a 2nd one doing the same thing.  I did end up getting a CPAP machine & have slept great ever since.  I still get insomnia once or twice a month, but I wake up rested instead of tired & have a lot more energy first thing in the morning.  I also don't get up 3 - 4  times during the night now.   I use it every night & take it when with me when I travel.    My husband has a CPA too.  It has eliminated his snoring which was REALLY BAD!  

It's amazing what your sleep patterns can show you.   I don't know how you do it yourself at home, but good luck with it.   

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 623
Points 10,745
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 10:01 PM

Hi Joyce, 

I have never had one done, but a good friend of mine does these for a living. I hope you doing it at home provides all the information they need to get you the help you need.  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,152
Points 17,665
weezee56 replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 10:45 PM

Michelle very nice quilt, great pictures.

Hi Joyce. I did home sleep study. then I had to go in and have them do it in the clinic. I have a cpap machine. I sleep much better now.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Sun, Jul 27 2014 8:41 AM

just relaxing today and planning my next road trip for blocks.  I just about finished my panel quilt#1 Then i'll work on the second i'm thinking about donating these.  These two were rescued from a thrift shop and besides the fact that they were not even and you couldn't cut them even without wrecking the design so i just said they were good for me to practice fmq on and that is one area of quilting i need tons of practise on .  I'm sure there are other types of quilting i don't even know about yet.

Hope you sleep better Joyce

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 41 of 72 (1067 items) « First ... < Previous 39 40 41 42 43 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use