Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 4 of 192 (2872 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,871 Replies | 57 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 713
Points 13,505
Michelle replied on Wed, Jun 4 2014 10:32 AM

Trying to update quickly to let everyone know where we are in our Alaska Bound voyage...I have updated our blog on http://nanassewingshoppe.blogspot.com 

We are in Canada now, our first real sight-seeing space today and tomorrow in Banff National park.  I've got the blog updated up until the Canada border crossing.  I couldn't find the area on QCA that I had started a message, so putting this on here for today if anyone is watching our journey forward. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 0
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, Jun 4 2014 11:02 AM

Haven't been on too much the last week or so...the baby and the 15 year old grandson are keeping me busy...in addition to helping DD2 unpack and get settled in her new home.  Haven't had any time for sewing.

CC, sorry to hear about the passing of your loved ones.  

So far today, I've put dinner in the crock pot changed innumerable messy diapers (poor Kaylee has an intestinal bug that has gone through their whole family), rocked her to sleep, only to be awakened a 1/2 hour later by her brother and grandpa coming in the house, made two parts runs for grandson's truck, made a fresh fruit compote and boiled eggs.  

I've been trying to look up diabetic recipies on the net, but so far everyone keeps dragging me away from the computer. My doctor was not happy with the results of my lab work and now my meds are being upped and my diet restricted.  I'm not a vegetable eater, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

In the meantime, I'm trying to get four blocks done for this week's LUS assignment.  I managed to do two of the blocks last week but life keeps interfering with my objectives, LOL.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 982
Points 12,135

Scanned al the photos I am going to use for my DM's memorial quilt.  I have to get printable fabric sheets.  Has anyone used the ones below or can you recommend any?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,337
Points 16,750

Sorry Mamag, I have not used any of these, I know some are not washable, read the entire package.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 485
Points 27,110

Hello All,

As I come to the end of the work day, I am in need of some de-stressing, so I thought I would come here and write a bit :)

This morning I got up before sunrise and did an hour session of pilates to stretch my sore legs out. It was very rejuvenating. However, I needed 3 cups of coffee to keep me awake during the day. I mentioned I moved to a new residence. This weekend I plan on doing some DIY decorating with scrapbook paper and record frames. I am anxious to share a picture with you all :)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 982
Points 12,135

Cant wait to see the picture Rachael.

This is what I made today.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,804
Points 29,410
Debbie replied on Wed, Jun 4 2014 9:56 PM

haven't been on in awhile, got back home last Fri from our Denver trip to see DS, DDIL and 2 youngest GSs and stopped in to spend one nite with DMIL. we helped DS put together one of those playsets, big one with two stories and two swings.  took us 2.5 days to do it but felt so good when we finished.  

here's my little guys - Oli will be 4 end of Jun and Niles is 19 months old. that's our DS, Corey on right.  

he'll be 40 in December so got a late start.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
mamaw63 replied on Wed, Jun 4 2014 10:14 PM

How to quilt a Dresden Plate????

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,871
Points 420,189
gini replied on Wed, Jun 4 2014 10:24 PM

hi mamaw63, welcome to the group.   how are you quilting your Dresden, by hand or machine?

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 7:15 AM

Great looking play set...I remember when my girls were small, we built one.  Have toyed with the idea of building one for the grands, but so far it's just a thought.  By the time we get around to it, they'll be too big to use it, LOL.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 298
Points 4,875

Karla, my back fence neighbors put up the same play tower that's in the photos, a year ago. Their kids played in it non-stop for a month or two, but since then, very seldom. They say "it's boring." They also have a trampoline with the safety "walls" that's been there for about 4 years now. That's where they and their friends play every day. They put up an above-ground swimming pool this spring, and that too is getting lots of use. Their dad told me the play tower was a lot of money and time for very little use. He said he wasn't very enthusiastic about it from the start... that it was his wife's idea...!! haha.     

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 170
Points 2,770

I am a traveling fool. I got home from a week in Augusta, GA last thursday and left on a road trip across the other half of the country to Baja, California. We are right now sitting in our hotel room in Rosarita, Mexico with a heavenly view oh the ocean and listening to the waves  beat upon the shore. Reminds me of our VB retreat. 

CC, I'm sorry for your losses. I will keep the family in my prayers. Everyone suffering with pain, I hope you can find some relief from that. 

Im so enjoying hearing personal posts from you, rachael. Makes it feel like you are part of our QCA family. Keep them coming. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 982
Points 12,135

Welcome MamaW I'm mamag.  Here is a Dresden Plate Tutorial link.  I haven't tried it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNJ1trpe7o4&list=UUWnhR7raxVFDHmDXqCIzuAw

Elaine you traveling fool you.  Making me jealous.

WeeZee it says it's washable.  The quilt I'm making is going to be more of a wall hanging for my mom.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 899
Points 14,970
zoetc49 replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 11:36 AM

I just got back from visiting Carol. We decided that we would do a tour of downtown Pittsburgh on Segways. This was a new experience for both of us and was rather fun. It was a two hour tour all around the city. We went over many bridges, the sights were so pretty! I am on the left, in purple. I had a lot of fun. Carol was kind enough to try and teach me how to use her long arm, I did a little sewing on it for some pillow shams to go with the cross quilt I made for a friend- this was very helpful. She also took me to see the Flight 93 memorial, that was very touching.   I am still tired out, so I might be missing some things to talk about.  On this trip too, I had told Carol that I was bringing her quilt top that many on here contributed to after her boyfriend took his life around Christmas. Jacy was kind enough to take on the quilting job but I did not tell Carol is was all done. Jacy did a great job at quilting it. Thank you so much Jacy !!!    

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 982
Points 12,135

Zoetc that looks like fun.  Was it hard to use them.  

Page 4 of 192 (2872 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.