Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today #10

Page 14 of 107 (1591 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,590 Replies | 46 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 685
Points 11,770
zoetc49 replied on Thu, Jun 19 2014 9:44 AM

Thank you all for such great thought on the pros and cons of adding built-in's. The room is 17 x 12. If I just did the built in shelves, I could take these to 14"-16" on each side of the window and not do a window seat. That area could be left for use by another for a queen size bed or desk, or even a love seat. But, If I added a window seat, I would need to make the shelves 20" to make it all look uniformed.

This home I am in has very little storage, so maybe i should just go with the shelves and make them smaller so it does not cut down from the room. There still will be space for a king bed should someone want that in here. Of, course anyone else can do what they want one day when I move...to the beach  : )

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,428
Points 38,310
Linda replied on Thu, Jun 19 2014 12:13 PM

Today is turning out to be a get nothing done day. I spent the morning on messenger with John while he waited to find out if his plane was leaving or not because of bad weather. All of a sudden I was cut off so I hope that meant his plane was leaving. If so, then he should be arriving at my house very late tonight.

In one hour, I have to go to the neurologist again. Since I fell in March and they determined I had a TIA, I have to go in for follow ups every 2 months. I already had damage in my left eye from the car accident back in 2007. Now I'm told I'll never regain normal eyesight in that eye plus lost my peripheral vision. Now I'm seeing flashes like a camera flashing in my eyes. And I've never fully recovered from the sprained shoulder or groin pulls.

When I get home from the doctor, I'll be able to work out in the sewing room until John arrives. That should give me a few hours time to get some things done. Right now Indy is demanding my attention.

That's about all for today. Hugs.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,240
Points 19,255
weezee56 replied on Thu, Jun 19 2014 1:19 PM

Linda, I hope your Dr. gives you good news, and John has a safe flight.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Thu, Jun 19 2014 1:32 PM

Linda, May your meeting up with John be made even sweeter by the delay, and I hope you get good news about your eye problems.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,686
Points 248,737
Thea replied on Thu, Jun 19 2014 1:42 PM

Linda:
Now I'm seeing flashes like a camera flashing in my eyes

Linda - I was getting something similar in my eyes this winter - mine looked like a pointed edged leaf to me - it went where ever I looked... but mine is caused by dry eyes - I have severely dry eyes from my RA - you might see if the advice my eye doctor gave me would help you - I use an over the counter eye drop called systane - it is very thick but is great - the pointy edged thing that is either a leaf or lightning bolt goes away... but now I have to put the drops in my eyes 2 to 3 times a day - they said they can do a surgery but he is holding off on it to see how I feel with just using the drops.  I don't have eye insurance so am doubtful I will opt for the surgery - plus we are hoping with summer that the humidity levels will help me out... winter is so dry that that is part of the problem.

Hope you and John have a good time...

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Thu, Jun 19 2014 4:36 PM

Linda, prayers going up for all your ills, hugs back to you.  Enjoy your visit with John.

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,900

So sorry Linda.  Hope & praying things will go your way from now on.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Marie:
Linda, prayers going up for all your ills

Praying that the DR will find a solution for your health problems Linda.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

I had a good day, I spent a little time this morning making another block for the Patriotic wall-hanging and then had an eye DR appt. My daughter came to take me and we had a nice visit. We don't get to visit, just the two of us, very often. We had a nice lunch after and then picked up a few things and came home. I'm going to have the cataract SX on my other eye in about a month, it will be good to be able to see with both eyes. :) 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,582
Points 24,005
Susie replied on Fri, Jun 20 2014 8:04 AM

I am attempting to get through today without having to put my brace on my knee.  I will most likely have to ice it here at work, but hoping that I don't have to put the brace on. 

I am going out of town for the weekend.  After football practice tonight, my son & I are heading to my grandparents' house.  I haven't seen them in over a year--horrible of me!  Tomorrow my son's game is in St Louis, so we will be closer.  3 hours to Grandpa's tonight, then it will only be about 2 hours to the game tomorrow.  After the game, we will head back to Grandpa's house and come home on Sunday.  It will be so good to see them!  They are my last grandparents.  I would really like to get my granddaughters down for a visit.  I don't think they have ever met the younger one, even though she is 5! 

I am taking some sewing with me.  I have a mug rug that I need to get finished up--I am hand-quilting it--echo around the flowers.  I am also taking some hexies that are pre-cut.  I'd like to start figuring out how to sew them together.  I have a project to make 5-6 table runners before September 6th.  I'd like to do it in hexies.  But I have to figure out how to put them together first.  Any suggestions?

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,428
Points 38,310
Linda replied on Fri, Jun 20 2014 8:52 AM

Thea:

Linda:
Now I'm seeing flashes like a camera flashing in my eyes

Linda - I was getting something similar in my eyes this winter - mine looked like a pointed edged leaf to me - it went where ever I looked... but mine is caused by dry eyes - I have severely dry eyes from my RA - you might see if the advice my eye doctor gave me would help you - I use an over the counter eye drop called systane - it is very thick but is great - the pointy edged thing that is either a leaf or lightning bolt goes away... but now I have to put the drops in my eyes 2 to 3 times a day - they said they can do a surgery but he is holding off on it to see how I feel with just using the drops.  I don't have eye insurance so am doubtful I will opt for the surgery - plus we are hoping with summer that the humidity levels will help me out... winter is so dry that that is part of the problem.

Hope you and John have a good time...

Thanks Thea, but I've been using the same eye drops for over a year now. I'm going to make an appointment with the eye doctor. A couple people have told me they had the same thing and they were diagnosed with the start of cataracts. At this point, nothing would surprise me.

Hope your moving activity is going smoothly. When is the actual move date?

Hugs,

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 13,335
Michelle replied on Fri, Jun 20 2014 9:01 AM

Spud grandma,

glad you had such a wonderful with DD. You will love the cataract sx. Mother had last year and is loving it. Husband needs it but they keep saying they are not big enough to do yet. He hates the blurry eyes til then. We are now in Fairbanks , Alaska. Sightseeing around the town today and we should get to a quilt store today along with a few museums. Looking to drive to the Artic Circle this next week before heading down to Danali NP. 

This is the only reindeer we have seen so far. If u get time to look at the blog I have a lot of pics of the wildlife there. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,428
Points 38,310
Linda replied on Fri, Jun 20 2014 11:36 AM

Spudgrandma:

Marie:
Linda, prayers going up for all your ills

Praying that the DR will find a solution for your health problems Linda.

After that car accident in 2007, I'm Humpty Dumpty that they cannot put back together again. Cannot do any surgeries because my blood doesn't clot anymore after all the blood transfusions and the blood thinners I had in rehab. Even after all these years my blood still doesn't clot and I haven't had a blood thinner since rehab. The neurological problems are horrible because a portion of my brain is non-functioning which is affecting my left eye and causing body tremors and migraines. All they can do is put me on meds for that. Same with all the other problems. I'm on 21 meds to sustain my life and just about every supplement to support my immune system. There's really nothing more they can do except monitor me every 2-3 months. They can't fix my damaged lung, lymph nodes, neuropathy in my feet. I already had asthma and fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis...now it's worse. I just thank God for His amazing grace that I'm still on this side of the grass. And every morning I wake up I thank Him again. However, the neurologist and my primary doctor say I am getting weaker. Unfortunately, I must agree with them after having pneumonia all winter and falling 4 times since September. My family do not help me. I'm starting to get some help from church. But for the most part I'm on my own. It's sad to say I had a better support team in AZ. But I have a better medical team here in Ohio. I could also afford to buy a house in Ohio, where in AZ I couldn't even afford to buy a condo.

Thank you for your prayers. They never hurt and can only help. We have an awesome God.

Hugs.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,900

Ok everyone take a nice cleansing deep breathe cause by the sounds of it we all need one.  Wish my dang migraine would go away. Its day 2 of this thing.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 6:52 AM

Linda & mamagshouse I sure hope you both have a better day.  Linda I agree we do have a awesome God, not sure how I would get thru the days without Him.  Mamagshouse migraines sure can bring you down, hope today it clears.  

Today is my 45th anniversary with my dear sweet hubby.  It is hard to believe, we are blessed.  Not much planned except to go out to dinner with long time friends.  DH is helping a widow from church move some furniture.  I would like to do some sewing.  Working on a crab wall hanging and need to get it done before July.  Did a flip flop one for month of June.  

My barometer head is saying it is going to rain. ha  Hope you all have a wonderful day and good health.

Joyce

Maryland 

Page 14 of 107 (1591 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use