Points 7,685
qcarachel Posted: Fri, May 30 2014 1:50 PM

A free-for-all forum!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 195
Points 7,685
qcarachel replied on Fri, May 30 2014 1:57 PM

The last thread, What are you up to today #9 was getting too long and causing some users to experience errors. I have started a new thread for all of you to continue sharing with each other.

The old thread can still be viewed. You cannot comment on it, however.

Thank you!

QCA Rachel

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 755
Points 12,080

Finished Clue #3 for MQ from MSCQ

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,384
Points 175,243
Marie replied on Fri, May 30 2014 3:54 PM

Donna, your MQ is coming along nicely, can't wait to see it done.  Love your fabrics!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,384
Points 175,243
Marie replied on Fri, May 30 2014 3:55 PM

Thanks Rachel, we're a talkative group, aren't we?  Love your avatar, what's your puppy's name?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,281
Points 28,970
Agnes replied on Fri, May 30 2014 4:00 PM

I enjoyed some balcony time this morning before it started getting too warm. I took out my embroidery panel and worked on that. Soon after I came in it started showering. I finally am back to machine quilting. I am nearing the end of  quilting a mystery quilt that I did earlier this spring on another forum. Then I have a bin of piecing all set to go with pieces cut and laid out for three different projects. That means my resolve to be working on only two projects at a time got sidetracked. Want to get back in my groove so that I can start a series of seasonal wall hangings. I have some basic patterns but I want to customize them.Hmm, design process could take quite some time.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 755
Points 12,080

Thanks Marie.  I haven't the foggiest idea what the Quilt Pattern is going to be.  Right now it reminds me of a tablecloth.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Fri, May 30 2014 4:54 PM

qcarachel:

The last thread, What are you up to today #9 was getting too long and causing some users to experience errors. I have started a new thread for all of you to continue sharing with each other.

The old thread can still be viewed. You cannot comment on it, however.

Usually the threads are linked so we can find it after it gets buried.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 755
Points 12,080

Your right Kris cause I had to hunt for this.  

Not up to much today.  

Getting ready for Stake Conference Adult Session you other LDS members now what that is.  Sometimes we haven't gone but feel prompted to go to this one and take my 12yr old.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,384
Points 175,243
Marie replied on Sun, Jun 1 2014 8:27 AM

Well I went to the quilt shop in Charlton to play with the Sweet Sixteen and discovered that it was easy to use, the right size for my home, a pretty good deal with the 0% interest and 36 months to pay BUT it's not any different than anything else, when you're learning something new it takes PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!  So I'm going to save myself a bundle and commit to practicing each day for maybe half an hour to an hour on my Janome 7700, like our dear Barbara tried to get us to do in the FNMFMQing group.  Does anyone remember the course she took online that helped her so much?  I think I'm ready to try that now.  Was it Quilt University?

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 278
Points 4,550

LOL Mamag....  well, guess it would not be the first-ever pieced tablecloth!! haha.

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 0
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,456
Points 40,815
Mimi replied on Sun, Jun 1 2014 11:17 AM

Hi Marie,  i think she was working from the Leah Day site but I also know that Craftsy has several of her lessons grouped together in classes.  One was on sale last time I got an email from them.  Good luck.  Someday I need to do the same that you are doing now.  Let us know how your practicing goes.

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Sun, Jun 1 2014 11:19 AM

Marie:
So I'm going to save myself a bundle and commit to practicing each day for maybe half an hour to an hour on my Janome 7700, like our dear Barbara tried to get us to do in the FNMFMQing group.  Does anyone remember the course she took online that helped her so much?  I think I'm ready to try that now.  Was it Quilt University?

Barbara used Leah Day's "365 days of Free Motion Quilting" (free on her website) as well as her paid class on Craftsy. She also did/does entangling. Are you a paid member here? Don't forget "Quilt It" on QNNtv.

You can practice with pen and paper even but keep your arm up off the writing surface. Let the pen be the only thing touching the paper. It will help you build muscle memory.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 755
Points 12,080

Thanks Kris great info.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Sun, Jun 1 2014 2:06 PM

Hi Gang,   I've just driven 450 miles and DH and I are in a hotel room in Green Castle, Pa.  We're heading to upstate NY but I can't drive all day long.  I always stop here.  DH's brother and SIL are celebrating 50 years of marriage next weekend.  There's going to be a party, and since DH was the only member of the family that was there (they eloped), hubby feels he should be there 50 years later.  I did bring some sewing with me, so I can keep feet up (help swelling to go down) and get something done.  See ya all later.

Diana in East Tn.  

Page 1 of 56 (834 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use