Top 10 Posters

Tip: want to perfect your technique in free-motion quilting?

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 29 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 290
Pamela Joy Licatino Posted: Thu, May 29 2014 1:59 PM

I saw this on pinterest-order or make a big board with a bridge on top and place a hole wuth a pemcil  in the middle of the bridge.  You can practice drawing free-motion with a piece of paper and move your hands around and under the bridge As you do with free-motion quilting.   Pracice makes perfect. 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 290

On pinterest this item is byLeAnn Gottlieb.  Excellent idea.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 290

On pinterest, this board idwa is byLeAnn Gottlieb.  Excellent idea.  

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 290

Correction you can get this by LaLiLadesign.com

Sorry.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 335
Points 4,840

Hi Pamela,

It's called "Quik Trainer" and it's actually pretty cool.  I bought it last year at a quilt show....just wish I could say I've practiced a lot but I haven't!  :(

Barbara

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 822
Points 13,495

Here is the link.  It does look cool.  But I don't have a problem with the drawing I have a problem with the bulk of fabric.  I want a long arm so bad.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,878
Points 32,590
Roxana replied on Thu, May 29 2014 8:23 PM

I just ordered one. I couldn't resist. It looks like the perfect way to practice for my domestic machine. Just drawing over and over doesn't help emulate that movement of the fabric. Thanks for the tip! I hadn't seen it on Pinterest.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 290

It is pretty cool.  My husband made me one, and I hope I get good use of it.  I think it will really help.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 290

It is perfect to learn and perform free-motion quilting.  My husband made me one and the board underneath is sleek, so the gloves will help as I also will use on my machine.  Good luck when you receive yours.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,542
Points 177,608
Marie replied on Fri, May 30 2014 10:30 AM

Pamela Joy Licatino:

It is pretty cool.  My husband made me one, and I hope I get good use of it.  I think it will really help.

Pam, would your husband be willing to share how he made it with us?  My hubby is with the Angels but it looks like, if I had direction, I could make it myself.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 822
Points 13,495

Roxanna I broke down and got one to cause I think those gloves will help me with the bulk and its an easier way to practice without having to use up my scrap fabric.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 290

Yes.  We will do that.  It'll be tonight before I get back to you.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 290

Marie, I would worry about getting in trouble with copyright problems by the creator of the quik-trainer.  Sorry.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,542
Points 177,608
Marie replied on Sat, May 31 2014 7:15 AM

Thanks Pam, I understand.  I showed it to my son and he came up with another idea, will let you know if it pans out.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, May 31 2014 7:51 AM

I looked at the one posted here and it looks to me like it's just a shower safety handle with a hole drilled in the center for the pen. You could make something simulator with a piece of PVC pipe and 2 right angle connectors.

Marie, the instructions to make this trainer my hubby designed are still up in  Fear No More FMQ  group. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use