New Member!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 110
gizmokozak Posted: Wed, May 28 2014 10:04 AM

So happy to join and make new friends!  I am thinking of purchasing the Block RockiT 14 + mid arm and would like to hear from anyone who owns one.  I have Janome 1600 on my quilting frame and it's just too short when I quilt larger quilts.  I don't have the room for a frame larger than 8' so a true long arm isn't possible. 

I spoke to the owner Lynn at Kathys Quilt and he was very informative and seemed to know his product.   The price is right and it even comes with a built-in stitch regulator. 

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Thu, May 29 2014 9:22 PM

hi gizmo, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 0
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 310
Points 4,690

Gizmo,

nice meeting you and welcome

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 310
Points 4,690

Gizmo,

I have no idea what  you're planning to purchase.  My DH bought us a Bailey's home quilter  on a queen size frame.    I know that they  sell the machines with a crib size to king size frame.  http://www.baileyssewingcenter.com/bahoqupro17e.html    I don't know what they're charging for just the quilting machine. Our machine came with stitch regulator and the quarter inch foot and quilting guides.  We bought the 17 inch   and it was under $4000.-  with shipping.  

We need to sell the furniture from one bedroom to be able to fit the quilting machine and our sewing machines in one room.   :~)

Marianne

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,912
Points 124,870

Welcome Gizmo. Glad to have you with us.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 297
Points 4,855

Welcome! and hope you find the midarm that meets your needs! 

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,870

Gizmo Welcome.  Thanks for the link looks like a nice machine.  Its funny I sold my guest room furniture and moved my sewing room out of the pantry.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,239
Points 19,235
weezee56 replied on Fri, May 30 2014 7:07 PM

Hi Gizmo, That new machine Block RockiT does sound like a nice machine. It hasn't been on the market very long yet. Good luck in getting a machine. I bought a Gracie frame from them last year. Welcome to QCA.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 297
Points 4,855

mamag, I would just about "kill" for a pantry!! Glad you re-claimed it for food, etc. I would sew in the garage rather than have to use my pantry... if I had one, that is! LOL

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use