Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680
Judy T-Bellingham Posted: Fri, May 23 2014 11:58 AM

Is anyone making, or at least following, Pat Sloans BOM Globtrotting project? I've saved the patterns for the first five blocks but haven't started any of them yet. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 508
Points 9,750
Pat A replied on Fri, May 23 2014 6:57 PM

Judy, I'm like you, saving the patterns and maybe one of these days I'll think about whether I want to make it or not. LOL  I've got so many other projects on my bucket list that I want to do and too many UFO's that need attention. 

Pat A. in KY

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 293
Points 4,760

Hi Judy! I looked at the BOM you mentioned. It looks like a good one, but I'm neck deep in "want to do" ideas already, so not thinking I'll tackle this one. Wish I had started quilting about 30 years ago...!! Might have the ideas swirling around in my head already accomplished, and ready to take on more! lol

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680

SpringerMom:
Wish I had started quilting about 30 years ago

Well, I did start quilting, actually about 45 years ago but only a quilt here and there for my kids when they were little and odd quilts here and there since then. Didn't get real serious until about 10 years ago. I wish I had another 30 years of quilting to do. As it is, I suspect I'll still have a pile of UFO's when I do finally leave this life. :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Fri, May 23 2014 11:48 PM

I'm downloading patterns. No plans to actually make them.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 818
Points 16,280
Sue replied on Sat, May 24 2014 12:28 AM

Judy, this looks like a great pattern so far.  Just looked at the page, however, being on the road now, I don't think I will make it.  I have bookmarked the page so when we do get back to Texas I can take a look again and maybe, just maybe.....

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 306
Points 4,625

Judy,

I would like to see the pattern you're all raving about.  Is it on the internet?  I started to quilt last year and I have already 2 UFO's.  I'm only 71 and if I can't finish the projects when I'm allowed back "home"  so be it.  My DH is only 76 and he  also started to sew and quilt last year and he bought us a Bailey's home quilter with a  grace frame.   The frame is in the garage until the stain fumes are gone.   Hopefully we can move it into the house next month. We have had 3 quilts quilted for us and that was about $700.- .  Its expensive and we didn't learn anything new.  We already know hop to pay bills. 

Marianne

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680

Marianne

Just click on this,  Pat Sloan BOM.  It will take you to the website. 

I love it that your hubby is also quilting.  By the way, very nice quilt and table runner in your gallery.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 293
Points 4,760

LOL LOL!! I fully understand, Kris! I've downloaded lots of free patterns with the idea that I'll make the project "someday." But....... "someday" seems not to arrive. So, I have a big notebook full of really great patterns, neatly filed in categories of size, type of pattern, seasonal, etc. But no tops or finished quilts or even UFO's have resulted from all the time spent, paper and printer ink! Invariably, I go out to my LQS or online, see a pattern I love, BUY it, and make it. Go figure!! I have to stop collecting, and start piecing some of these really great patterns!!

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 33,200
Roxana replied on Sat, May 24 2014 12:47 PM

Well, I downloaded them too. Time will tell how many of them I might make!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680

Roxana:

Well, I downloaded them too. Time will tell how many of them I might make!

Me too. I have a folder with each pattern that comes out. I'm getting ready to quilt a twin size for our guest room. Maybe, once that's done I'll make some of the blocks? Maybe. But, no, I promised Candis I'd finish a queen size 2011 retreat project to bring for show and tell at the Oregon retreat. Maybe once I've gotten that one quilted? Maybe..... But there is a Halloween wall hanging I really want to do and a McKenna Ryan project I'm just dying to start. Plus all the finished tops that have been nagging at me to quilt.

I have GOT to live to be 110. :-)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 293
Points 4,760

Judy, at least 110 years old!  :)  I'm not sure even then I would clear out the backlog of patterns and ideas. When I think about this, I guess I just enjoy patterns and collecting them. Transferring that enjoyment into action somehow disconnects! But, I made a command decision yesterday that I will not make three projects for which I purchased kits at least five years ago, before I was even actively learning to quilt. They just no longer interest me, or are in colors that have no relevance for me or family, etc. I always felt guilty when I got into my "future" project bin and saw them languishing there. Now I've decided life does not have enough years to waste the time feeling guilty about something I just plain do not want to do! So, will find new homes for them with someone young who can take on the guilt! haha.

-Unknown

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 306
Points 4,625

Thank you Judy,

I just went looking.   Interesting patterns or blocks..  My DH and I went to Washington DC and we  visited Venice, Italy years ago  before we emigrated  in 1969 from Berlin to Florida USA.

The people in Italy were just as friendly as the Floridians are.  We love it here.  My hubby started to quilt last year, shortly after I had started..  My sewing machine didn't want to cooperate and he offered to take a look.   A few days later I asked him if I could get my sewing machine back and he replied that it was now his machine.  We bought him a Bernina last year.  My DH is really good at it.  I had been sewing for many years, making our kids clothes, stuffed toys etc.   And dog toys.  Dog need toys to!  :-)

Marianne

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680

Marianne Nowicki:
And dog toys.  Dog need toys to!  :-)

For sure Marianne!!! I've made a pile of dog beds for our pooches and a couple cat beds for our puddy tat. :-) He takes better care of his bed than our dogs do.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,857
Points 68,560
Bonita replied on Sat, May 24 2014 7:06 PM

Thanks for the reminder Judy, I started downloading them but then forgot about them. I like that they are easy enough to do. The hard part is finding time to do all I want to do.

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use