tube strip helper

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,755
Points 38,915
ls2116 Posted: Fri, May 16 2014 2:08 PM

After turning your small tubes insert a small dowel rod to smooth side seams it works like a charm for me!

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 35
Susan replied on Wed, Jun 4 2014 10:17 AM
You could even do a quick press with the wooden dowel in place - to further smooth and center the seam.
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 782
Points 12,635

Ok you two what the heck is a tube strip.  You don't want to know what is going thru my mind.  Obviously I haven't gotten to a project that has a call for this.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,002
Thea replied on Wed, Jun 4 2014 8:31 PM

Donna - a tube strip - 

1) could be a group of strips sewn together and then you cut between the different ones for a Bargello quilt...

2) also could be where you sew a strip wrong sides together and need to turn it right side out... 

one or the other.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,002
Thea replied on Wed, Jun 4 2014 8:33 PM

Donna - a tube strip - 

1) could be a group of strips sewn together and then you cut between the different ones for a Bargello quilt...forgot to say you sew strips of one size together - sew ends together to form the tube - cut the tube in strips the same size as the original -so if you sew strips together that are 2" then you cut the strips after making it a tube 2"... or sometimes for a bargello you cut it different widths - sometimes from 3/4" up to 3"... depends on how difficutl a Bargello you are doing.

2) also could be where you sew a strip right sides together and need to turn it right side out... 

one or the other.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 782
Points 12,635

Thanks Thea.  Going to have to look up Bargello Quilts.  Last week Quilting Arts it was Trupunto that was cool.  Maybe they have a Bargello one.

• | Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use