rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 330
Fay West Posted: Fri, May 16 2014 9:55 AM

Hello Quilters,

I joined your club yesterday and have had a very warm welcome. Thank you to all !!!

My love of quilts goes to my core although I dabble in many crafts. It is not uncommon to have up to 10 completely different projects going all at once. In fact my studio is organized into sections. Sewing, Woodwork, Metalwork, Beading, Mosaics, Fund-raising Custom Logo items, etc...

Long story short, since the launch of my Mini Quilt Jewelry line two months ago, the response has been very good. So my goal is to stay as focused as I can on it this summer. (Maybe my A.D.D. will stay at bay for a while) We just moved my mother in with our family, so now we are supporting her as well, so I must stay as focused as possible!!!

So does anyone have any suggestions about marketing my Mini Quilt Jewelry line? ((In-other-words, I don't want to overdo my welcome here in Quilters Club of America)) I'm just needing a sounding-board to bounce off a few thoughts.

For instance: Are there any quilt supply stores out there that will wholesale small items to their retail customers? One thought I had was to print a full color flier or postcards to place on the counter-top that would prompt sales with a customer coupon code for a discount to the customer, and then sales using the coupon code would trigger an automatic commission that would go to the store owner at the end of each month. This would eliminate the need for the store owner to invest in wholesale inventory.

Another thought was to make very small counter-top displays that would have only 12-24 pieces for sale. This arrangement would require a wholesale investment.

Or what about Quilt shows? Who has any suggestions about marketing at quilt shows?

I would appreciate any and all of your suggestions. Or if I'm way out of line, your constructive criticism is welcomed too. Anything would be helpful in moving forward.

Thanks in advance,

Sandra Fay West-Haynes

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 694
Points 11,920
zoetc49 replied on Fri, May 16 2014 5:08 PM

Fay West, 

If you wish to market here or other websites, you can buy advertising. If you want to sell at local quilt stores then you might have to pay them a commission on your sales, or have them buy your items and allow them to sell for a profit. I would start out at local church's doing craft fairs, and then contact your city where quilt shows are held and I am sure that can give you the contact information to find out cost of booths, etc.   

Best of luck to you.     

Also, contact your local Chamber of Commerce on what they have going.  

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 330
Fay West replied on Fri, May 16 2014 5:23 PM

Thanks for your suggestions.

i must be blind because I can't seem to find where to go to advertise. 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 330
Fay West replied on Fri, May 16 2014 5:27 PM

I sent an email to the Contact page. They should be able to help me.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use