A little about myself

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 34
Points 1,540
lwiddows Posted: Thu, May 15 2014 11:20 AM

I live just outside Austin, TX and have lived here about 7 years.  I am retired and have 2 children and 3 grandchildren (almost 6 grandchildren when my son marries on the 25th of this month.) and a sweet dog we rescued who is mostly lab with the gentlest disposition.   I have been making quilt tops now for almost 20 years and enjoy the process.  I send my tops out to be quilted as I just don't feel confident to do it on my sewing machine.  My favorite projects have to do with machine appliqueing.  I have been in many swaps and round robins throughout my 20 years.  I always try to never make the same quilt twice, but found I love a particular child's pattern that I've now made twice and have the makings to make it 2 more times.  lol

I'm happy when making children's quilts to donate to Project Linus or to give to family and friends with little ones.  Am in the process of making a quilt to give to the local VFW to auction off this summer.  I enjoy a challenge but hate math so usually need help with figuring out sizes to cut fabric when doing swaps or round robins.  Luckily, my daughter is a math wizard and helps me quite a bit with that issue.  

I would dearly love getting involved in a round robin with one of the groups here so will keep my eyes open for when I see a swap open up.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,861
Points 32,300
Roxana replied on Thu, May 15 2014 11:24 AM

Welcome, lwiddows! I have two adult children living in the Austin area. We are glad to have you here. It sounds like we might all could use your daughter's help from time to time!

Please check out the Applique groups on QCA for lots of help and inspiration.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Thu, May 15 2014 12:11 PM

Welcome lwiddows.  I live in Northwestern Nevada.  I have 2 daughters and 5 grandchildren, 4 boys and 1 lovely little girl, 5 months old, who I babysit on a daily basis.  I think you will like this friendly group.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 802
Points 12,980

Welcome lwiddows you will love this website.  I live in Saratoga Springs, UT, have six children and my second grandchild is due this August.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Thu, May 15 2014 2:31 PM

Welcome, lwiddows, nice to meet you and nice to have you aboard, enjoy!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 288
Points 4,705

Nice to have you here, lwiddows. Enjoyed reading of your accomplishments and projects!

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Sat, May 17 2014 4:47 PM

Welcome lwiddows

gini in north idaho

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use