rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 330
Fay West Posted: Thu, May 15 2014 10:27 AM

Quilters,

Who of you frequent other Social Media Sites in their life?

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Personal Website etc...?

Fay

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,796
Points 31,105
Roxana replied on Thu, May 15 2014 11:19 AM

Fay,

I'm on Pinterest, Facebook, and I'm learning Twitter and Instagram. I love Pinterest and get lots of inspiration from it. One of these days, I may have a personal Website but for now the blog on QCA is all I need.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, May 15 2014 11:38 AM

Fay, Facebook for all the quilt groups and to keep up with my p

eeps. Pintrest for DIY ideas, recipes, all things quilt. Don't tweet (not a bird).

Sukochi

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 755
Points 12,080

Lets see if this posts.  I have Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Etsy, Craftsy, a blog and an Etsy shop all under mamagshouse

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 2,835
Flo replied on Thu, May 15 2014 7:38 PM

Facebook for me.  It has done wonders for our store too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sat, May 17 2014 4:45 PM

Facebook pinterest, quilting around the world

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, May 20 2014 1:12 PM

Facebook, Pinterest, Quilting Around the World

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 595
tish replied on Tue, May 20 2014 8:12 PM
I discovered Pinterest a couple months ago and love looking up images of everything. I do facebook a little, just beginning to discover a lot of groups are on there too. tish
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 102
Points 1,680

Facebook and QATW.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,352
Points 37,025
Linda replied on Thu, May 22 2014 5:45 AM

FB, QATW, Linked In, Quilt with Us, My Quilt Place.

However, I have deactivated my Facebook because scammers were taking names of my friends and creating false accounts, made friend requests, and with them being friends of mine, I immediately accepted their friendship. That's when the scammers started corresponding with me. So as a warning not all friend requests are actually coming from your friends. As soon as the scammer makes contact with you, they cancel the false friend account. I found all this out when I called my 2 friends and asked them why they withdrew their friendship. They had no clues what I was talking about. So I warned them and I immediately called the police.

I'm not exactly trusting of Linked In either and seriously thinking of canceling it too.

I've had 2 scam attempts and 1 fraud and ID theft since the Christmas holidays. I've had to buy 3 new hard drives and finally had to switch my computer tech guy, my internet provider, and buy a new computer. All my credit cards are still frozen while we try to get  everything straightened out. Meanwhile, my credit rating is going down. I'm having problems being able to pay for copays for meds and doctor visits without having credit cards. I am now in the donut hole so more of the cost of meds  comes out of my pocket. Calling the pharmaceutical companies for assistance hasn't helped. I live on disability pay and believe it or not I don't qualify for most of the advocacy groups that help people with prescriptions. One group said I did but they never sent me the paperwork. I take 21 meds which are all life sustaining plus approx. vitamin supplements to support my non-existent immune system..

Please take this as a warning. Be very cautious out there. Once one scammer has your information, it seems they all have it. And they take advantage when you are down once you have been hit.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,796
Points 31,105
Roxana replied on Thu, May 22 2014 8:35 AM

Linda, thanks for the warning. It never hurts for us to hear these things more than once. I was hacked on Facebook and had to change my name so friends would know who I was (plus my password and email address). I LOVE PINTEREST though for ideas and inspiration.

I've tried Quilt with Us but have a hard time following its boards. Any tips in that regard?

I am so glad that you are back on QCA! I missed you!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,352
Points 37,025
Linda replied on Fri, May 23 2014 12:24 PM

Roxana:

Linda, thanks for the warning. It never hurts for us to hear these things more than once. I was hacked on Facebook and had to change my name so friends would know who I was (plus my password and email address). I LOVE PINTEREST though for ideas and inspiration.

I've tried Quilt with Us but have a hard time following its boards. Any tips in that regard?

I am so glad that you are back on QCA! I missed you!

I missed you too, Roxana!

The best thing with Quilt with Us is to join groups. I suffer from fibromyalgia so I joined that group and it was one of the best things in my life. Those ladies are so supportive and prayerful. Once you get to know them, they are your best friends and we share everything with one another. And we are the only ones who understand what the others are going thru when they are having major flair ups. With fibro come other problems and we are probably the only ones who can understand that too.

I also belong to the Addicted to Quilting, Prayer Group, and today I just joined the Gardening group. I also belong to the Ohio group but they aren't very active and I've tried to get them moving, but guess they aren't movers and shakers. There's 2 other groups but I haven't been active in them.

The Quilt Place is much like Quilt with Us...you need to join groups. It took longer to get to know them and for them to accept me. I belong to the UFO group and now I love them. As a matter of fact Sue was just passing thru from NH to Cinci for a family wedding and stopped in to visit for a bit. No one else has done that not even from GWU Ohio Group!  Now that I know the ladies we banter back and forth. The idea of the group is to work down your pile of UfOs and see who can get the most done. So what do we do?? After I was telling them about my round robin, we started a row robin!!!!! Yep, and it runs till September. Now how do you get UFOs done when you are working on row robins and I'm working on fabric swaps and I'm behind on other projects??? I should not have done the Candle Mat Swap, but I thought something else to add to my SS box. I have to get away from that mindset.

I hope that gave you some insight. I've made some good friendships on both sights. So I'm not in a hurry to leave them. I never really got into QATW except once in a while went to the chat room.

As far as QCA is concerned, I find if very different and I'm not enjoying at much as before. But I miss my "old" pals and I see some are no longer here but most are. Just haven't reconnected with everyone yet. I've had 3 major falls this year and I'm trying to recover. Unfortunately, won't recover from my left eye problems and I've lost my peripheral vision completely. So I run into things and I'm black and blue from top to bottom. Can't sew a straight line so I rip a lot more now. Great frustration. See the neurologist next week. But hey, I'm still on this side of the grass. God is good.

Hugs.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use