Top 10 Posters

Where Do You Hail From Wiki - I need your help!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,995
QCA Admin Posted: Wed, Mar 24 2010 11:03 PM

Hi All,

What a big surprise I got when I visited the new "Where Do You Hail From" wiki after I announced it in last week's newsletter. I am thrilled that you all jumped in and posted not just where you are from but some nice notes as well. Unfortunately it looks like I didn't give very good directions and I didn't make it easy enough for you to find the spot where I thought you would go to post your names.

So, if you added a new page in the wiki, you'll notice that I hid all the newer posts.

Don't worry! I'll put all your information back up on the site! I realize that it  may be fun to read all the different posts many of you added...but I was afraid that all your different postings would eventually make the wiki very hard to browse or reorganize.

I just need a couple days to reorganize the wiki so you all can use it better.

Here is what I want to know from you all. Do you want a separate post for each state or province? Or do you want the posts organized by region? What would you like to see in here?

Thanks for your suggestions!

QCA Liz S

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Wed, Mar 24 2010 11:53 PM

Personally, I like everything together. There are only 3 or 4 people from Wyoming, so it's nice to see everyone when you page through.

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 115

Hi everyone, I'm a native of Birmingham, Alabama, in the deep south.  Alabama is a beautiful state from the gulf shore beaches to the north  east where there are mountains. which are the end of the applalatche mountains.  I presently live in Dickson, Tennessee which is an hour west of Nashville.  Tennessee has long been my second favorite state because of its beauty.  I moved to Dickson in 2005. to be near my Daughter and family, thats Scott, Laura, Kaydee and Rebekah the joys of my life. 

I have been sewing  for over 50 years but only started quilting in 2001.  I am a member of the Courthoiuse Quilter's Guild and love everything about quilting.  My mother, grandmothers, several aunts and other family members have been quilters, so I got the bug honestly.  I love the various quilt shows QCA gives us access to and watch at least 1 or 2 a week.  I am also an avid reader and like others I usually have a couple of books going at the same time.  My favorite books are mysteries and quit novels. I love reading quilt mags, too, as they are so inspiring.

My housemate/campanion is an 11 year old black and white "Tuxedo" cat named Kriket.  He can't stand it when I quilt because he has to be in the middle of everything and be petted at the same time.  So I get some dirty looks then he goes off for another nap.  He is a love and a protector as he will growl like a dog when someone knocks on the door and run to see who is there. 

Liz, I can't say i have a preference to how you organize the posts to this section.  I know that may not help you, but however you do it will be very nice, I'm sure.  I look forward to reading other posts.

Thanks, Linda Temple, an ALA/TENN  quilter..

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,355
Points 242,152
Thea replied on Thu, Mar 25 2010 12:44 PM

Liz, I would also like to see it altogether so I don't have to wade through page after page...

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Thu, Mar 25 2010 2:28 PM

Hi Liz, I'd like to see it by state and province please.

Thanks.

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Thu, Mar 25 2010 2:34 PM

liz, i liked it all on one page and broken down  by the states and provinces, and countries    gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 780
Teresa replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 12:23 PM

I, too, would like it broken down in states. It's nice to see at one glance who is in the same state as me. Perhaps someone close enough where we could meet in person?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 780
Teresa replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 12:24 PM

Looks like I'm a few months late! LOL Sorry!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use